Windows 10: Username changed on login to Windows 10

Discus and support Username changed on login to Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When you first boot your system. You see your picture with your username below and are prompted for a pin. Somehow my user name has been changed to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Floyd Kershner, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Username changed on login to Windows 10

When you first boot your system. You see your picture with your username below and are prompted for a pin. Somehow my user name has been changed to Customer Service. Everything is working fine but instead of my usual username I get "Customer Service". I have also been told that when I send email it is coming from User "Customer Service" instead of my email username. How do I fix this?

:)

Floyd Kershner, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Labsyboy Win User

How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Feb 8, 2021
  3. How to change the username in C: drive on Windows 10?

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to convert the existing account to Microsoft account with administrator privileges and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to enable built-in admin account to change the current user account's type.

Steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: Log-in with the Built-in admin account to change the account type and try the below.

• From Built-in account, press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Username changed on login to Windows 10

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to change the name on the welcome screen for the PC that is used by your husband.

In that scenario, ask your husband to create a Microsoft account with his details and then ask him to login to the PC and perform these steps.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard, to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Select Accounts and click on
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the onscreen steps.
    4. Once the user account converted to a
      local account perform step 1 & 2.
    5. Click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and use the Microsoft account created by your husband.

As an Additional reference: Create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Username changed on login to Windows 10

1. Username changed on login to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Username changed login

2. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10: I changed my username from 'X' to 'Y' by accessing the control panel. However, whenever I open command prompt it shows my username as 'X'. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username-on-windows-10/8fdef822-c16d-4815-83eb-e2e294467050
  3. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10: I changed my username from 'X' to 'Y' by accessing the control panel. However, whenever I open command prompt it shows my username as 'X'. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username-on-windows-10/8fdef822-c16d-4815-83eb-e2e294467050
  4. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing Windows 10 username folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows 10 username folder: I recently got a new laptop and I signed in with my microsoft account while settingup windows. This resulted in creation of a username folder under C:\Users\ with only first 5 chars of my MS account name. Some Googling and some pretty old articles showed that there are 2 ways...
  6. Change username in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change username in Windows 10: Hi, my sister has a Windows 10 Pc and by some mistake there was a typographical error in the username. Now whatever Office and other software pick that as the PC name. How can I change it?...
  7. Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username

Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username: Hi I changed one of my staff members user account name as they started using a previous employees PC. This is for a local user account. There is only one account on the PC which has administrator rights. I followed the following process to change the username. - Go to...
  8. Username login

Username login: When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school...
  9. Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen: I have one microsoft account, only me on two computers. My husband has his computer with my account on it. How can I change his welcome page as it says my name, not his. ***Original Title: MSN welcome greeting name***...
  10. Change windows 10 Home username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change windows 10 Home username: Hello, I got Win 10 Home OEM with my HP Desktop. I would like to change the username of my local Win 10 account, but that's restricted in Home Edition. So, I would like to upgrade it to Win 10 Enterprise. I have read that changing the username is supported in...