Windows 10: Username folder in drive C

Discus and support Username folder in drive C in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eternal Flower, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Username folder in drive C

Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change only the name?Thank you.

:)

Eternal Flower, Apr 14, 2022
  2. MCencic Win User

C drive user/"username" folder disappeared

Hi guys,

So today I was moving my default folders (music, pictures, videos, documents, etc) to my hard drive as i was running out of room on my c drive and something unusual happened.

While i was moving my "documents folder", somehow my user/"username" folder dissapeard, and the documents folder actually became the "username" folder itself. I can tell this because "documents" has all of the "username" folders in it, such as "appdata",
    ".vscode", etc.

However, when i o to my root Desktop folder it has my original "username" folder, but it is not allowing to move it back into my c drive where it belongs. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem. I dont want to restore my c drive as i would have to
    spend hours redownloading and installing all my softwares.

I will add photos to help show the situation, my caveman language isnt the best when trying to explain these computer issues.
    Username folder in drive C a0030167-8977-4203-8c21-c8faab313ded.jpg

Username folder in drive C 85560961-288d-421a-baa4-1673ab48247e.jpg

As you can see in the first image, the user/"username" file is no longer present, instead the "documents" file has taken its place. In the second image you can see my original "username" file, "michael" but it does not let me move it back into the C drive
    where it belongs

Thanks for your help

MCencic, Apr 14, 2022
  3. edokie Win User
    How do I move folders with photos and videos from the C:\ drive to other drives?

Yes that worked great. I have reduced the load on my C:\ drive by more than 100GB. My photos (Pictures) that were under C:\Users\Username\Pictures have now been moved to P:\Users\Username\Pictures, and the video that were on the C:\ drive in the folder C:\Users\Username\Videos
    have been moved to S:\Users\Username\Videos. I have many pictures (photos) on my P:\ drive that are in folders such as P:\Grandkids. Is this incorrect? Is it necessary or more correct to send these photo of grandkids to P:\Users\Username\Pictures\Grandkids?
    What does Windows consider a "personal folder", and why does it store information under C:\Users? Why does Windows do this, and if it is preferable, what is the advantage? Is the "Pictures" folder the same as the "Pictures" Library? Now that I've moved the
    C:\Users\Username\Pictures folder to P:\Users\Username\Pictures will Windows put all future photos in the last listed folder? Thank you excellent help and instructions.

edokie, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Depth Win User

Username folder in drive C

Help!! Can not delete folder

Code: ICACLS D:\anime /remove:d username /C ICACLS D:\anime /grant username:F /C erase D:\anime[/quote] It's been years since I touched access lists but the above should work from either your own username or as administrator. If not, you can start in safe mode and modify the folder ownership.

Depth, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Username folder in drive C

1. Username folder in drive C - Similar Threads - Username folder drive

2. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  3. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  4. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  5. Username folder in drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  6. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?: I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program Files, Program Files x86 and the Users folder.I already moved the C:\users\username\Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, 3D...
  7. How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the "C:\users\username\AppData" folder to another drive from C:\ drive?: I have installed the windows 11 OS to a SSD drive having 100GB capacity. Its 70GB already filled up and the maximum space is taken by the Program Files, Program Files x86 and the Users folder.I already moved the C:\users\username\Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, 3D...
  8. How to write or rewrite your username in the C: Drive users folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to write or rewrite your username in the C: Drive users folders: As the title suggests and in the picture, I wish to change my current profile name "patri" to "Patrick" in Windows 10, for consistency accross my devices. I did connected my Microsoft account, so my account's name is "Patrick Family name", and I was able to change something...
  9. Username change in C: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Username change in C: drive: I am trying to install Matlab on my computer but it won't open since I have Turkish characters in my Win10 account name. I tried changing my username via the path; control panel>user account>change my name but it did nothing to what's displayed in the command prompt. I need...
  10. Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Users Folder Somehow in C:\.... Not seen in C:\Windows..Two Usernames: Ok, I'm so confused I don't know if I will make sense, but I will try. Windows update hosed my networking. So while I was trying to fix it, I noticed something really strange. My Users folder is in my C drive, my root drive. What? So my administrator, default,...