Windows 10: Username in the Users Folder

Discus and support Username in the Users Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShashankMunnangi, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Username in the Users Folder

Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous username folder exists, it has added the device name after the username. Anyway I can delete this new folder and use my old one?

:)

ShashankMunnangi, Sep 4, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 4, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

LemP, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Username in the Users Folder

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Username in the Users Folder

1. Username in the Users Folder - Similar Threads - Username Users Folder

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  4. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  5. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  6. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  7. Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures: Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052 I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would try to use Onedrive as a backup and found all my users folders moved to Onedrive so I tried to move them out and now I have my...
  8. Change Username displayed in CMD and Users folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Username displayed in CMD and Users folder.: Hi, My name is spelled incorrectly in the CMD Description/Users Folder. I tried checking the C://Users/ and my name is also misspelled. Every time I login my Microsoft account to a new desktop, it syncs the misspelled name. Can someone help me on how to change/correct the...
  9. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>": "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>" refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and...
  10. User Account with username "user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account with username "user": I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me. I delete user folder in users folder and open: Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe an email address->(click on...