Windows 10: Username login

Discus and support Username login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nickifrost, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Username login

When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school email wouldn't suffice. I went through a maze of trying to link it. And when I did, apparently it messed with the pin code on my username- it's an administrator account, and I don't know how to retrieve or create a new pin, since I don't have my old account anymore.

:)

nickifrost, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Labsyboy Win User
    How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Apr 6, 2020
  4. AmberLee7 Win User

Username login

Username Disappeared for login on Windows 10

We have had Windows 10 installed for a few months now and we shut down our computer like normal for the night and the next day when we turned it out, one of our usernames (that is not an administrator) is not there. When you go the menu to switch usernames,
    it is not there either. If you go to Control Panel then User Accounts then Manage Accounts it is not listed there. If you go to "This PC" then "users", I can locate the username there with all my info still in tact like what is on the desktop, etc. for that
    username but how do I get it back on the login?

Thanks!

AmberLee7, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Username login

1. Username login - Similar Threads - Username login

2. login with username and PIN gives me 0xc000006d0x0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login with username and PIN gives me 0xc000006d0x0: help logging in with my username and pin dosent workinstead it just gives me the error credentials couldnt be verified and then the error code you saw in the titlei’ve tried everything using chatgpt, even restartingtheres no sign into main account button im always in the...
  3. login with username and PIN gives me 0xc000006d0x0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login with username and PIN gives me 0xc000006d0x0: help logging in with my username and pin dosent workinstead it just gives me the error credentials couldnt be verified and then the error code you saw in the titlei’ve tried everything using chatgpt, even restartingtheres no sign into main account button im always in the...
  4. login with username and PIN gives me 0xc000006d0x0

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. When I try to login to my son's new computer using the correct username/pw combo, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to login to my son's new computer using the correct username/pw combo, it...: My son is 11 & has to have my permission to sign in. When I try to sign in using the correct Microsoft username/pw combo, it reroutes me to reenter the information. Stuck in a loop. I did a reset & it's still doing the same thing....
  6. When I try to login to my son's new computer using the correct username/pw combo, it...

When I try to login to my son's new computer using the correct username/pw combo, it...: My son is 11 & has to have my permission to sign in. When I try to sign in using the correct Microsoft username/pw combo, it reroutes me to reenter the information. Stuck in a loop. I did a reset & it's still doing the same thing....
  7. I did the pc recovery and it still has my username at the login but I can’t login why ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did the pc recovery and it still has my username at the login but I can’t login why ?: I’ve read every article I can but it shouldn’t be this complicated. I’m trying to sell my pc but I’ve had to turn down offers because I can’t login to the pc after doing the pc recovery reset, I wiped all data but apparently my name is still at the login and I have to do more...
  8. I did the pc recovery and it still has my username at the login but I can’t login why ?

I did the pc recovery and it still has my username at the login but I can’t login why ?: I’ve read every article I can but it shouldn’t be this complicated. I’m trying to sell my pc but I’ve had to turn down offers because I can’t login to the pc after doing the pc recovery reset, I wiped all data but apparently my name is still at the login and I have to do more...
  9. I did the pc recovery and it still has my username at the login but I can’t login why ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Username-password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username-password login: OK so I want to make to where you need a username and password like for when you are logging into a remote cpu I followed the steps but it will not show up here is a set of pictures to help identify it...