Windows 10: Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

Discus and support Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ∫ø˜ˆ†å ˙å†ç˙´®, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just displays my name all in lowercase. I do not remember the password and I do not have a USB drive for recovery. I was able to reboot the machine and get into troubleshooting Etc. So I have a command prompt screen. I've used this in the past to reset passwords with no problem. But my username, which as I said shows up on the login screen, is not found when I use the net user command. The account must exist in some format because it's showing up on the log

:)

∫ø˜ˆ†å ˙å†ç˙´®, Mar 19, 2023

2. Login Screen showing wrong user account for display names (Domain)

These are domain accounts so the above solution wont work.
    The problem I'm having is that the wrong username and display name is showing on the login screen.
    The below image shows two different accounts which are not related to each other in anyway.
    The display name shows peoplesafeusers but the username should be peoplesafeusers not jamess

Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen 172770d1515713753t-login-screen-showing-wrong-user-account-display-names-domain-remote-problem-2.png

atlasjames, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Missing Windows 10 user account

My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen
    show that user name, yet the lower level "net user <username>" command shows that account as existing AND as being active.

This is what I have tried to fix the problem (to no avail):

1. Using the "net user <username> /ACTIVE:yes|no" command to toggle it non-active and active. (Activating the normally hidden "Administrator" user caused that username to now appear as a user to switch or log-on to).

2. Doing a system restore back to a point where I know that account username was listed. Doing this had no effect, the account was still listed as active with the "net user <username>" command but missing from the list of accounts to switch or log-on to.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tim_Schenkel, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

Missing Windows 10 user account

My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen
    show that user name, yet the lower level "net user <username>" command shows that account as existing AND as being active.

This is what I have tried to fix the problem (to no avail):

1. Using the "net user <username> /ACTIVE:yes|no" command to toggle it non-active and active. (Activating the normally hidden "Administrator" user caused that username to now appear as a user to switch or log-on to).
    Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen 9c993543-aa0d-476c-8461-01a6b0512522?upload=true.png

2. Doing a system restore back to a point where I know that account username was listed. Doing this had no effect, the account was still listed as active with the "net user <username>" command but missing from the list of accounts to switch or log-on to.

SerenaBuchholtz, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

1. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen - Similar Threads - Username showing net

2. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen: I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just displays my name all in lowercase. I do not remember the password and I do not have a USB drive for recovery. I was able to reboot...
  3. Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Username not showing in net users but is only account displayed on log9n screen: I'm trying to access some files to transfer off an older model Acer laptop. I've been the only user of that laptop and so the login screen just displays my name all in lowercase. I do not remember the password and I do not have a USB drive for recovery. I was able to reboot...
  4. Display information/ MS account username not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display information/ MS account username not showing: Hi everyoneHow can i fix this?... very annoyingWindows 10, user/admin name display.My laptop came from repairing.I want to see my account name as always before but instead it shows my name as "user"... "utilizador"My account name is updated as it should be. "João Silva"Thank...
  5. Display information/ MS account username not showing

Display information/ MS account username not showing: Hi everyoneHow can i fix this?... very annoyingWindows 10, user/admin name display.My laptop came from repairing.I want to see my account name as always before but instead it shows my name as "user"... "utilizador"My account name is updated as it should be. "João Silva"Thank...
  6. Display information/ MS account username not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. WDAGUtilityAccount displayed via net user with my username, and my Default Account as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDAGUtilityAccount displayed via net user with my username, and my Default Account as...: With the help of the Admin command, I discovered that what I thought was my Administrator Account is the WDAGUtilityAccount with my username associated with it. Additionally, my default account is my //administrator account. From what little research I have done, I know I...
  8. WDAGUtilityAccount displayed via net user with my username, and my Default Account as...

WDAGUtilityAccount displayed via net user with my username, and my Default Account as...: With the help of the Admin command, I discovered that what I thought was my Administrator Account is the WDAGUtilityAccount with my username associated with it. Additionally, my default account is my //administrator account. From what little research I have done, I know I...
  9. WDAGUtilityAccount displayed via net user with my username, and my Default Account as...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. User Account with username "user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account with username "user": I need to create user with username "user" but Windows 10 won't let me. I delete user folder in users folder and open: Settings->Accounts->Family & other users->Add someone else to this PC->(click on link)The person I want to add doesn't habe an email address->(click on...