Windows 10: Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

Discus and support Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers, C1 and C2, (both running Win10Pro - 1903) and 2 users, U1 and U2. U1 is the main administrator on C1 and C2 with the same login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Otto DeRuntz, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

I have 2 computers, C1 and C2, (both running Win10Pro - 1903) and 2 users, U1 and U2.

U1 is the main administrator on C1 and C2 with the same login credentials on both computers.

U2 is an added administrator on C1 and C2 with the same credentials on both computers.

U2 can see and access shared folders from C1 to C2 and from C2 to C1

U1 can see C2 from C1 and see C1 from C2 , but can't login from either direction. I get a username or password incorrect error.

I have researched everything:

My network and sharing settings are correct

I set the services below as suggested in other threads:

Function Discovery Provider Host: Automatic (Delayed Start) and Running

Function Discovery Resource Publication: Automatic (Delayed Start) and Running

for both the above under the 'Recovery Tab' in case of failure set to 'restart service'.

SSDP Discovery: Manual and Running

UPnP Device Host: Manual and Running

I made sure the Credential Manager for C1 and C2 had the correct username and password.

I am at a loss

:)

Otto DeRuntz, Oct 19, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Abhizz Win User
    Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computers

I have a problem in connecting the network computers.

It keep saying Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computers whenever i use the correct username and password.

I don't have issue in other OS.

Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer e0bf0e96-be55-4767-ac32-34fe1d61716f.png

Abhizz, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

Ive had the same issues. I think it has to do with the way Windows 7 handles the workgroup.

TheMailMan78, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer

1. Username or Password incorrect when connecting to network computer - Similar Threads - Username Password incorrect

2. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  3. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  4. The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.: Error message on startup at login: the username or password is incorrect. try again. This happens on two machines, one being the replacement for the other which will be restored and moved to a different location. The default user shown on startup is not and has never been...
  5. Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting into SafeMode with networking - No connection, Password Incorrect: I'm trying to boot into SafeMode to run DDU and fresh install my graphics drivers. However, when booting into safemode with networking and at the login/password sign on, I'm blocked out on logging into windows. Windows tells me my password is incorrect. Trying my pin and also...
  6. Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Incorrect username or password": Hi hi, I recently had my computer (An Acer Aspire E5-576) blue screen (Critical Process Died error) and ever since then I haven't been able to log in to my computer when it starts. I had used a pin number before but after the crash it will only let me enter a password,...
  7. Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to PC in network: username or password incorrect: Hi Guys Sorry to have to ask, but after months I still cannot access the media PC from any PC aside from mine. We have 7 Windows PC's plus phones. The kids (and I) would like to access the media PC from their devices. ALL Win 10. I can access the media PC from my PC (UD5)...
  8. Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange variation on The username or password is incorrect": I recently changed my computer's name and now get "The username or password is incorrect" on startup. Note that if I change the name back to the earlier name the problem goes away, so the name changing appears to be the cause. More detail:- With the new name, when I...
  9. The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The Username or password in incorrect. Try Again: The installation of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my PC is only a couple of months old and was going fine until I decided I didn't need a Login password and unticked the relevant box in User Accounts. Now when I start the computer I get the following message on the startup...
  10. Username or password incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username or password incorrect: I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10. [img] Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message [img] I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when connecting a server username and password doesn’t appear

2. the user name and password is incorrect IN NETWORKING