Windows 10: usernames and passwords

Discus and support usernames and passwords in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by garycollins7, Apr 18, 2021.

1. usernames and passwords

how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them

:)

garycollins7, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Family Tree Legends - forgotten username/password

Hi Sara,

We would like to know more about the issue. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Can you give us the screenshot of the dialog box that ask for username and password?
    • Are you able to view the files that are available on your USB?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 18, 2021
  3. How do you set up a password in Windows 10, if you have never used one?

You should be able to click Change, leave the "Old Password" empty (blank) and put in a new password in the two bottom boxes.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest this alternative instead:

• Open Command Prompt
    • Type echo %username% and press Enter (this will reveal your true username on the next line)
    • Type the following and press Enter to change the password to

net user alanrosenbaum NewPassword!

Replace "alanrosenbaum" with whatever username you got in step 2.

Replace "NewPassword!" with whatever you want your password to actually become.

That's it.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 18, 2021
  4. usernames and passwords

Microsft edge username & password

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Were you able to access and search to any browsers?
    • Please provide us the screen shot where it asks your Microsoft Edge username and password.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

usernames and passwords

1. usernames and passwords - Similar Threads - usernames passwords

2. Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler asks for username and password, doesn't work: In trying to create a UAC bypass with task scheduler, I came across a problem. Task Scheduler asks for a password.I searched many forums, and the solutions never worked, which led me to create a question myself. I am trying to run with the highest privileges, except there is...
  3. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  4. Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows VPN Won't Accept Any Username or Password: I use Windows 10's default VPN for tethering reasons and because, in the past, it was really simple to setup. I've had the same VPN saved on my laptop for months and previously was able to simply click it on when I needed to and it worked great. This isn't the case anymore....
  5. Can't access computer account linked account due to lacking both the username and password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access computer account linked account due to lacking both the username and password.: So I have a lenovo legion laptop with windows ten, and I did a BIOS update. Before now I'd always relied on my pin to log in but for some reason now it won't let me log in using my PIN due to a change in the security settings on the device. However, I neither remember what...
  6. The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Username or Password is Incorrect. Try again.: Error message on startup at login: the username or password is incorrect. try again. This happens on two machines, one being the replacement for the other which will be restored and moved to a different location. The default user shown on startup is not and has never been...
  7. Don't know administator account, username, or password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't know administator account, username, or password: Hello, I'm having some trouble with a laptop regarding administrator access. I'm using an HP ProBook 440 G7 running Windows 10 Pro. For context, I was given this laptop for work and it was previously used and potentially set up by another coworker who has since left. I'm...
  8. How to enable username and password for login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable username and password for login: How can I enable username and password for login? like you have to type in username AND password. I have windows 10, version 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-username-and-password-for-login/157c9701-f601-44a5-a480-45244e469edd
  9. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  10. Password and username login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and username login: I just posted the question regarding manually logging in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-and-username-login/755eceb8-be5f-4c8d-9201-37475b01451e