Windows 10: Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?

Discus and support Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How the USERNAME: lusrmgr , c:\users [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BleuOisou, Jan 26, 2021.

1. BleuOisou Win User

Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?

How the USERNAME:

lusrmgr ,

c:\users

Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr  to C:\users ? d343bc15-afde-4ca0-ba94-095eec759e0b?upload=true.png

:)

BleuOisou, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Darkamian Win User
    How to pin c-users-username to quick access not the desktop library of username?

EDIT: Pinning c-users-username-(folder) functions normally it is specifically c-users-username that is the problem

The problem occurred before the customization (which is simply use document template). It also fails to work on two other windows 10 laptops (all three devices are different manufactures and motherboards and parts). So it most certainly is not because I
    changed the template. It also has occured for nearly a year now across every update, I even attempted on a clean install(using the media creation tool) without updating or installing anything and it also failed.

Just to make sure we are following the same steps.

I navigate to C:\users\ right click and pin to quick access

I click the link it creates

opens username(that library in desktop) and not C:\users\username

Darkamian, Jan 26, 2021
  4. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

Thema:

1. Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ? - Similar Threads - Usernames corresponding lusrmgr

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  4. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  5. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  6. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  7. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  8. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...
  9. Windows Desktop from C:\User\[username]\Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop from C:\User\[username]\Desktop: Windows Desktop is displaying the files stored under C:\User\[username]\OneDrive\Desktop rather than from C:\User\[username]\Desktop. How do I get Windows to display the Desktop directly under my User account?...
  10. Equivalent of "c:\Users\username"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Equivalent of "c:\Users\username": I know that "C\Users\username" has an equivalent form which looks like "%something%." What goes between the percent signs? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equivalent-of-cusersusername/772b8b4a-dade-4a99-b7e5-3d69fe7f88b6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. username cannot be equal to computer name lusrmgr