Windows 10: Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

Discus and support Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I has enabled in group policy to hide the usernames or logon IDs before signing in to Windows 10 but even after a GPUPDATE /FORCE and a reboot, the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

I has enabled in group policy to hide the usernames or logon IDs before signing in to Windows 10 but even after a GPUPDATE /FORCE and a reboot, the usernames are still listed on the actual logon screen UI before signing in to Windows 10. The policy does not seem to take effect. I set the policy back to Not Configured until we see why this will not take effect. I am on a Standalone machine.

:)

win10freak, Mar 24, 2018
  2. MikeDog Win User

Do not want to use hotmail address and password to logon to my PC. How to revert back to what it was before - a separate logon to hotmail and my PC

Had a session with a MS tech support this morning. Now my PC:

• Must logon using my Hotmail address and password.
      I am the Administrator for my PC and I cannot change my PC logon id and password back to what it was before because name and password change are no longer available. However, I can do so for another user account on my computer

• My PC logon id is now my Hotmail address and password, whereas before, I have a separate logon id and password to my PC

• This logon change is a big security issue because anyone who can hack into MS hotmails can logon to my PC as administrator

I would appreciate help re do not want to sign in with a MS Hotmail account to my personal computer

MikeDog, Mar 24, 2018
  3. NB52 Win User
    Email showing on sign in page of Windows 10

My wife & I just bought new laptops (same model, both using Win 10), and I set them up exactly the same as far as privacy settings; however, my wife's email address is still showing on her sign-in screen when she opens her laptop
    (whereas mine just shows my username).

I checked the registry on both of our laptops, and her logon value is set to 0 for ShowEmail (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\S-1-5-21-...1001\AnyoneRead\Logon).

Funny thing though, in my registry there is no logon folder shown (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\S-1-5-21-...\AnyoneRead\
    -> Colors, LanguageProfile, & ScaleFactors are the only items shown in BOTH folders 1000 & 1001).

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be happening here? Maybe I turned something on/off on one of the computers? (btw, the Privacy setting in Start, Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options is set to off on both computers.)

4. Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

I am running on a standalone machine in which I enabled the Group Policy to Hide Entry Points for Fast user Switching, but the usernames still appears on the login screen even forcing the Group Policy to update or after rebooting.

Its similar to the below link, but my issue is, that I cannot disable this feature even if setting it in Group Policy setting.
    Make Windows 10/8 Show All User Accounts on Login Screen | Password Recovery

I recently created an Admin account along with my Standard User Account, so all I need is to not show the Admin account's username on the Login Screen.

However, I still want my username to show above the Password entry box though but I don't want the Admin account username to show on the list below.

Basically, I need to perform the opposite settings as opposed to the above mentioned article.

win10freak, Mar 24, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    Could be in Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options?

Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10

1. Usernames or logon IDs shown before signing in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Usernames logon IDs

2. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  3. To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To change inactivity idle time interval before sign in logon screen appears in Windows 10 Pro: HiAfter certain time of inactivity without keypresses and mouse movements automatically appears sign in / logon screen, so a user needs to enter the password to unlock the system.The default value ion inactivity interval s 10 minutes. It is too short and very inconvenient...
  4. UserName shown in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserName shown in Windows Explorer: Hi Forum Folke, I just set up a new computer for my wife, and somehow absolutely no idea how, underC:\Users, it's showing MY username kharr instead of HER username Sally. I didn't notice this until just about everything from the old PC had been hosed in, installed, and/or...
  5. Logon Event IDs Explanations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logon Event IDs Explanations: Hi, I'm a non-dev person and would like some answers regarding Event Viewer in Windows 10. I wanted to keep tabs on if my PC was logged in during my absence. I found that Event ID 4624 shows the successful logins. But when I filter the ID, it turns out that several events...
  6. Black screen just before logon screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen just before logon screen windows 10: I'm having this strange and annoying behaviour that makes me waste a lot of time and I cannot identify the source of the problem, maybe someone can help me. The pc starts booting, the loading circle goes around with on gigabyte logo screen and when finally the logon screen...
  7. VPN Before Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Before Logon: At our company, we have recently launched a remote sales office. We push all our windows updates through WSUS. We also have several device management tools that involve being connected to our corp network to use. We are looking for a tool, that would allow a user to connect...
  8. sign in pin is not shown

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in pin is not shown: The option to sign in using my pin is not shown. Right now I can only use my password. How can I get my pin back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-pin-is-not-shown/b2f69437-0b6c-4bd9-b361-8dbde6a28f99
  9. Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.: Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. This is an old laptop and the CPU benchmark is around 2,000. It has 4 GB of RAM and 5,400 RPM hard drive. It runs most of the errands fine. However, recently it started to slow down significantly at the logon screen. Once it wakes...
  10. Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10: How to: Play Sound at Logon (Sign-in) in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Logon sound event has been disabled. This leaves you unable to change or play the Windows Logon sound at sign-in in Windows 10. As a workaround, you can still...