Windows 10: Userprofile folder not showing

Discus and support Userprofile folder not showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vikash Bishnoi, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Userprofile folder not showing

Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change location path of music folder to d: drive but when i click on restore default of music folder location then its showing folder not found

:)

Vikash Bishnoi, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows folder in userprofile folder

I suggest posting a screenshot of the C:\Users\%UserName% folder so the icon of the Windows thing can be seen [along with the icons of the other items in that folder].

And right-click on the Windows thing and select Properties then post a screenshot of each tab.

I say 'screenshot', but I think the Snipping tool is the appropriate tool for this particular job.
    A basic guide to using the Snipping tool - TenForums

Take a screenshot- TenForumsTutorials
    Take a screen snip with Snip and Sketch - TenForumsTutorials
    Steps Recorder - TenForumsTutorials

How to upload and post screenshots and files - TenForumsTutorials
    How to remove a screenshot or image from a TenForums post - TenForumsTutorials

How to post a screenshot of Disk management - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. f14tomcat Win User

To test, I just created a Junction of the Windows folder in my User folder. Notice the symbol next to the folder icon.

Userprofile folder not showing 276469d1587978060t-windows-folder-userprofile-folder-2020-04-27_04h57_39.png

The properties sheet shows it as a Junction.

Userprofile folder not showing 276470d1587978151t-windows-folder-userprofile-folder-2020-04-27_04h58_02.png

If yours are like these, simply delete the Windows folder (junction) in your user directory. I did with no ill effects.

f14tomcat, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Try3 Win User

Userprofile folder not showing

1 I have the same Registry entries but no stray 'Windows folder'
    Code:
    2 I do not have that stray 'Windows folder' when looking in File explorer, %userprofile% either [such as by clicking the username in File explorer's, Navigation pane or entering %userprofile% in File explorer's address bar]

3 Your dir tests demonstrate that the 'Windows folder' is not a folder.

4 Your set test demonstrates that none of your system variables has been corrupted to point to the stray 'Windows folder'

5 Is there any reference to C:\Windows in either of these Registry entries?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

6 Windows 10 is also a real pig about displaying junction-like things as folders - see Add or Remove Folders from This PC - TenForumsTutorials [I'm not suggesting taking any action. It's just that the tutorial contains a good explanation of things that appear to be folders but aren't.]

Have you tried this yet? Sorry, ignore that. From your other tests, I realise that it will not appear anywhere in TreeSize results.

8 Referring to your diagram,
    - I assume that Typ: Filmapp is what you see if you look at the properties of any folder. [In English it would show Type: File folder] I'm only mentioning this because it does not translate as that but as 'movie app'.
    - The 'Windows folder' was created [Skapad] at 05:37:22 on 19th March 2019. Do you have any folders in Program files / Program files (x86) with that date?

9 I still think that the stray 'Windows folder' is some sort of junction, a pointer of some kind. You can get a list of all junctions & symbolic links [but not 'hard links'**] and look in the list for this one. I suggest using an elevated command window so access permissions do not limit you. Run this command - you can use any folder path & filename that you prefer -
    Code:
    - When run as dir c:\ /al /s on its own without the >"C:\Users\%UserName%\Desktop\JunctionsList.txt" the command displays its long-winded results on screen.
    - The >"C:\Users\%UserName%\Desktop\JunctionsList.txt" tells it to write its results in that text file instead. That can be much easier to look through afterwards.
    ** That command does not list junctions of the type 'hard link' but we already know that it is not that type because they would have appeared in the dir command results that you have already done.- A 'hard link' is, in effect, a fake copy of a file.
    - Windows uses them a lot in its internal referencing which is why Windows tells lies when you ask it how big one of its folders is.
    - A file Fred.txt might exist in C:\whatever but could be made to appear in folder C:\blahblahblah with the name Bassett.log as well - one file, one thing that would be edited, two disguises.
    - [If Fred.txt & Bassett.log were within C:\Windows then File explorer would double-count the file size when telling you how much space C:\Windows was taking up.]

10 I am pretty much out of ideas but I will ask some others if they can help. Please bear in mind that, since the 'Windows folder' is not a folder and is not taking up any space, you can wait & not take any action yet. When you get fed up, just make a new system image before deleting it so you can get back to square one if deletion causes problems.

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

Userprofile folder not showing

1. Userprofile folder not showing - Similar Threads - Userprofile folder showing

2. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...
  3. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...
  4. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Userprofile folder not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Userprofile folder not showing: Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change...
  6. %userprofile%\Links folder no longer creating auto shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    %userprofile%\Links folder no longer creating auto shortcuts: I am using windows 10 pro Winver 2004. I noticed that when I originally dragged any folder or file into the %userprofile%\Links folder it automatically made it a shortcut. I inadvertently renamed the "Link" folder say something like "MyLinks" then I noticed when I dragged...
  7. Windows folder in userprofile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder in userprofile folder: As the title says. I don't know how and when it happened but I've got a Windows folder in my userprofile folder and I have never seen anything like this before *sarc What it's doing there? It's the same Windows folder as the one located at C: (both have the same size) and...
  8. My %userprofile% is missing from Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My %userprofile% is missing from Users Folder: I can access my user profile in the address link, but could not find it in my Users. It is supposed to be in C:\Users How can I retrieve back to visible in the Users folder. I have tried checking the hidden items, but still not able to find it....
  9. %userprofile% is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    %userprofile% is wrong: After changing my username from Jerol to Jerold using netplwiz on Windows 10, and frebooting, %username% is Jerold BUT other environment variables, like userprofile, still use Jerol. How do I fix this?...
  10. Moving "Special Folders" and the USERPROFILE variable

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving "Special Folders" and the USERPROFILE variable: On a laptop running Windows 10 Home I tried moving the special folder "Videos" to another location, by clicking on the folder's Location tab in Properties, and using the Move button. It appeared to work fine, but I noticed one odd thing: Before the relocation, if I typed the...