Windows 10: %userprofile% is wrong

Discus and support %userprofile% is wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After changing my username from Jerol to Jerold using netplwiz on Windows 10, and frebooting, %username% is Jerold BUT other environment variables,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeroldSchulman, Jan 3, 2020.

1. %userprofile% is wrong

After changing my username from Jerol to Jerold using netplwiz on Windows 10, and frebooting, %username% is Jerold BUT other environment variables, like userprofile, still use Jerol. How do I fix this?

:)

JeroldSchulman, Jan 3, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Why update the original 7970 BIOS to the Ghz edition? It OC's to that anyway...

Have you tried flashing it back to default?

manofthem, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Cannot paste into Windows Mail

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to clear the clipboard in Windows 10:

• On the search box, kindly type or copy and paste, cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt".
    • Click on cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt"
      (Run command).
    • Try to use the copy and paste function again.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair or reset the Mail app. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and select Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, find the name of the missing app. Click the app and select
      Advanced options (if available).
    • If a Repair option is available, click Repair. If this option is not available, or if Repair does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option, though you might lose any app data that was saved.

Let us know how it goes.

Julie Ram, Jan 3, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

%userprofile% is wrong

Stuck on converting ESD to WIM File using a script tool

The error may indicate that the install.esd was built using the Recovery compression option. Faster and smaller in size build but cannot be mounted. Using this option, the conversion takes about 20 seconds, with Max compression will take 4 minutes but can be mounted.

If you wish, you can try:
    Copy install.esd to desktop. Open Admin command and copy/paste each step below to run.

1. cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
    2. Get the source index for Windows edition to use in step 3:
      dism.exe /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\install.esd
    3. dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:"install.esd" /SourceIndex:8 /DestinationImageFile:"install.wim" /Compress:Max
    4. Verify:
      dism.exe /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\install.wim

NOTE:
    In step 3. The install.esd used is from the MCT ISO. Index: 8 is for Windows 10 Pro

topgundcp, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

%userprofile% is wrong

1. %userprofile% is wrong - Similar Threads - %userprofile% wrong

2. Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles: Hello,On my brothers PC I saw, that in the user-folder C:\users there are 751 folders, which begin with defaultuser.I deleted them all with admin rights but after the next reboot, they are there again.In the event manager I searched in "Windows Protocols -> Security" for the...
  3. Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles: Hello,On my brothers PC I saw, that in the user-folder C:\users there are 751 folders, which begin with defaultuser.I deleted them all with admin rights but after the next reboot, they are there again.In the event manager I searched in "Windows Protocols -> Security" for the...
  4. Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder missing from %USERPROFILE% but can be found if I go to C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder missing from %USERPROFILE% but can be found if I go to C:\Users: I went to access my documents folder and I noticed that it wasn't showing in some explorer windows. Specifically, it shows up when I go directly to C:\Users\xxx\ but doesnt show up if I go to %USERPROFILE%Additionally, if I go to %USERPROFILE% only 17 items show. But if I go...
  6. Documents folder missing from %USERPROFILE% but can be found if I go to C:\Users

Documents folder missing from %USERPROFILE% but can be found if I go to C:\Users: I went to access my documents folder and I noticed that it wasn't showing in some explorer windows. Specifically, it shows up when I go directly to C:\Users\xxx\ but doesnt show up if I go to %USERPROFILE%Additionally, if I go to %USERPROFILE% only 17 items show. But if I go...
  7. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...: PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login......
  8. Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...

Too much to ask for %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, %USERPROFILE% to be offloaded to a secondary...: PLEASE don't answer this and suggest the above *could* cause system instability, blah-blah. It's possible...There are so many reasons why I believe this should be a standard option with any install..... and even pushed with OEM installs after first login......
  9. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...
  10. Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile

Onedrive: Moved Documents folder still in userprofile: I have synched my Documents folder via OneDrive, which is situated on my D:\ drive.But it is still shown in my %USERPROFILE%.opening the folder via Userprofile, the file properties place the files in my D:\OneDrive\Documents\but I need to remove the documents folder since I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 how do you set wrong %userprofile%

2. win10 how to change variable userprofile

3. how to change %userprofile% variable

4. windows 10 %userprofile% wrong