Windows 10: Users account access

Discus and support Users account access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VarshaSM, Aug 8, 2017.

1. VarshaSM Win User

Users account access

Hi

I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system but when I saw the list in security settings there seem to be about 3 unknown users. Is it ok to delete them without messing up my system? What's the best one to name as main users. I have administrator, system, net015 (my pc ID) and 2 others with lots of numbers on it.

Pls help

Thanks

:)

VarshaSM, Aug 8, 2017
  2. Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Lost access to user account.

Hi,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below, which will help us gain a clearer image of the issue in hand.

1. When you state "need to access my files without internet access" what do you exactly mean?

2. Where did you find the "directions" on the screen?

3. Which website did you access to change your password?

4. Did you make nay changes to the PC prior to this issue?

5. Are you unable to access your user account?

6. Can you provide the exact error that you receive when you fail to sign-in your account?

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 8, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Users account access

You need to keep admin,system, yourself the others sound like users that have been removed a screen shot of users would help us tell you

Samuria, Aug 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Unknown users with a long string of numbers instead of a name can be user accounts from another Windows PC. The number is the SID of the user account, but as these are unique to each Windows system even if the user name is the same, on this system they are unknown users.

You'll see this if you routinely use the external drive with a number of different PCs, or on one PC if you reinstall Windows. User accounts from before the reinstall will be unknown to the newly installed OS.

edit: and as Samuria says, you'll see unknown users if you delete a user account.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Users account access

1. Users account access - Similar Threads - Users account access

2. user account access problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user account access problem: Need to restore access password reset to my wife's account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, can you help? Web interface is continually rejecting requests. The account in question is connected to my wife's user account on her laptop. She does not use it for email...
  3. user account access problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user account access problem: Need to restore access password reset to my wife's account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, can you help? Web interface is continually rejecting requests. The account in question is connected to my wife's user account on her laptop. She does not use it for email...
  4. Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving a New User Access to an Old Users Account: Here's the predicament that I'm in.I work for an MSP that deals with Active Directory On-Premises and we have a client with two users. One of the users let's say her name is Jane is retiring from their job. The client has hired another user let's say her name is Martha and...
  5. Need Access to User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need Access to User Account: Hello Everyone -- Okay...this is long and convoluted, but maybe someone out there knows a solution. My apologies for the length of this post. A few days ago, Explorer began refeshing over and over on User "Acct A." In the beginning it was about every 7-10 seconds. It is now...
  6. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  7. User account deleted but not accessible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account deleted but not accessible: Today I logged off of a local user account on Windows 10 and when I tried logging back in the profile seemed to have vanished. I tried taking a look into my user settings but nothing except my Azure linked account was there. The file under users still exists but not the local...
  8. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  9. Admin access to users accounts

Admin access to users accounts: Now that I've upgrade our main machine from xp64 to Win10, I am not trying to restore everyone profile stuff. However, even as admin I can't seem to access anyone's profile but mine. How can i access their profiles so I can load all their stuff back into them? It would...
  10. Access user accounts

Access user accounts: I have forgotten an administrator account password and am not even able to get past the "user accounts" in Control Panel" without it. I don't log on to Windows with this account anyway! 26680