Windows 10: Users advanced security settings

Discus and support Users advanced security settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Southern Cross, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Users advanced security settings

I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up and I do not know who they are or how to dleet them. I took screen dumps but cannot find out who they are. I did have some odd evnts in event log also. How do i delete these users if I cannot see them except for when I click on the advanced security settings ? Can I post a screen duimp on here or email it somewhere for help? I have had alot of files deleted and changed by an unknown source. How can I tell who it is? and how they are connecting to my laptop. Thankyou

:)

Southern Cross, Feb 12, 2021

2. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Feb 12, 2021
  3. K_Mess Win User
    Advanced Security

In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or
    anything on my account.

K_Mess, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Users advanced security settings

File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Users advanced security settings

1. Users advanced security settings - Similar Threads - Users advanced security

2. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  3. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  4. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  6. Advanced security settings for scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced security settings for scans: I'm troubleshooting the "start actions" function in windows defender and one of the steps is to clear an item in the scans folder and the quarantine folder bit when I go to update the permissions it's grayed out. I've tried everything to change the permissions but it still...
  7. advanced security settings owner account unknown

advanced security settings owner account unknown: After my computer died I removed the C drive and installed it my new computer which already had a C drive as K drive - I mainly wanted to access data files that were stored on that computer since the new computer had Windows 10 installed. Today I tried to access...
  8. Help in regards to advance security settings.

Help in regards to advance security settings.: Hello, I added an entry in the advance security settings for the folder WindowsApps, But as I double click on the entry it says it is corrupted and must be deleted. However, I can't remove it since the remove button is grayed out. How do I fix this? I have a Windows 10 Home...
  9. Advanced Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security: In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or anything on my account....
  10. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...