Windows 10: Users and Accounts

Discus and support Users and Accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How are the users listed with the command prompt "net users" related to the users found in the file C:>users related? Also, how do they relate to the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Judy PennellBurmeister, May 4, 2020.

1. Users and Accounts

How are the users listed with the command prompt "net users" related to the users found in the file C:>users related? Also, how do they relate to the User Accounts in Windows 10?

:)

Judy PennellBurmeister, May 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 4, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, May 4, 2020
  4. Users and Accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Users and Accounts

1. Users and Accounts - Similar Threads - Users Accounts

2. Error after a new windows user account is created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error after a new windows user account is created: Hi, so recently I made a new windows user without including Microsoft account. As soon as I restarted my pc, I tried to log in on the new account, but it gave me an error message saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded". I tried...
  3. if i set another user's account to automatically sign in with out a password, then later i...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    if i set another user's account to automatically sign in with out a password, then later i...: what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-set-another-users-account-to-automatically/415ed30f-0edd-4417-a08a-199e69939281
  4. CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10: When powering on my Win 10 PC today, the desktop is different from normal. I cannot seem to access any of my features. It seems as though the wrong user account is open. I have tried signing out and and in, and logging in with both password and PIN, and still have the same...
  5. Managing multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing multiple user accounts: Hi, Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am struggling to understand how to best manage apications across multiple user accounts. I have created four accounts - me as organiser...
  6. Deleted an admin account and want to recover it. Still have access to its C:\Users\ folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted an admin account and want to recover it. Still have access to its C:\Users\ folder: My first admin account after building my computer was a school account that was not a microsoft account or a local account. I used a PIN to unlock the computer. I decided to change the PC from using a school account to a local account. I then created a new local account and...
  7. Can't sign into user account windows 10

Can't sign into user account windows 10: My brother own HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0045tx which recently gotBIOS update and he completed the process of the BIOS update but somehow his user account is got corrupted and shows this error message everytime he boot the laptop [ATTACH] i was trying to find some solution...
  8. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  9. Windows user account recovery

Windows user account recovery: Hey i realised i had two accounts and i made one of them adminstrator and immediately the other account became standard but i didnt need the standard and then deleted it unkowingly there were some files on it So even if i sign in with the same login information i cant find...
  10. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...