Windows 10: Users and files gone

Discus and support Users and files gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i turned on my pc, it took time, when it finally did, it gave me 2 options - one, to continue to windows; two to repair windows. Me thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Musti_c12301, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Users and files gone

When i turned on my pc, it took time, when it finally did, it gave me 2 options - one, to continue to windows; two to repair windows. Me thinking everything was fine, i just clicked continue. Finally it loaded up as usual but i had to press ctrl alt delete to login, which i did but to the only user called 'administrator'. It then proceeded to ask me questions that would be asked when you first boot up the pc when you add your first user, after on the desktop were a few applications from the other users/accounts but there were no files in desktop, downloads, pictures etc only eveything in the :C drive and Users and files gone :D drive. Also all the users were nowhere to be found. Also before this problem my pc has always been windows 10 not 7 so it's not because of that. So is there anyway of getting these files and users back?

:)

Musti_c12301, Oct 5, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Users and files gone

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Users and files gone 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Users and files gone

1. Users and files gone - Similar Threads - Users files gone

2. Files and user settings gone after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and user settings gone after crash: When I tried to transfer a lot of files between my drives my computer became unresponsive so I end tasked programs and the log out my user to make a restart. The logging out user screen got stuck and didn't respond for a long time so I forced my computer to restart.After...
  3. Files and user settings gone after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and user settings gone after crash: When I tried to transfer a lot of files between my drives my computer became unresponsive so I end tasked programs and the log out my user to make a restart. The logging out user screen got stuck and didn't respond for a long time so I forced my computer to restart.After...
  4. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  5. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  6. Quick access and user files completely gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access and user files completely gone: Hello, i have recently ran a debloat script from github and it completely broke quick access and removed all user files from explorer as in i cant see the downloads folder and documents and etc i really need them back...
  7. Quick access and user files completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access and user files completely gone: Hello, i have recently ran a debloat script from github and it completely broke quick access and removed all user files from explorer as in i cant see the downloads folder and documents and etc i really need them back...
  8. Quick access and user files completely gone

9. Temp user files are gone. Are they truly deleted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp user files are gone. Are they truly deleted?: My laptop restarted with me as a temp user. I moved some files out of my old user folder, assuming my old folder was corrupt somehow. A reboot logged me back into my old identity. The temp user home folder is there, but no files inside. The files that moved out of my home...
  10. User Files gone after running Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Files gone after running Sysprep: Hello All, Recently, I had been having issues with an OOBESettings window in an endless loop, pressing the "Try again" button did nothing appearing after logging in. I followed some advice to run sysprep.exe>Enter OOBE>Reboot. After running it, I proceeded through the setup...