Windows 10: Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

Discus and support Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Curious Ge0rge, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

help pls^^

:)

Curious Ge0rge, Feb 2, 2023
  2. 7of9 Win User

Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10.

Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password.

Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong.

Earlier today, I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default.

I followed directions I found on the web, activated the sys admin account, went to the sys admin account, the users app data tabletray..... But I kept getting the error that something " was already in use" and I couldn't copy all the files.
    I went ahead and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account.
    then I disabled the sys admin account.

Now, some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared. I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on (MSI afterburner.....). And any program that needs admin access, I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access. Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off, I have to do it all over again.

when a program asks for elevated access, it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box. Is that normal? I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before.

If I have to re-install, where do I get the free win10 upgrade again? are those files saved on my pc?

7of9, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

admin has no password and it is asking for one

Hi Luis,

A corruption within your user profile can be a possible cause why your system is asking for a password even if you did not set up your user account to have one. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before you encountered this issue?
    • Are you trying to install the applications or programs form the Windows Store?
    • Are you using your Microsoft account when you are signing into your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest trying to use another user profile and then check if the same issue persists. If you don't have other user profiles on your computer, you can create a test user account. To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

1. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for... - Similar Threads - Users are asked

2. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  3. Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks for admin user and password but nowhere to enter it: On windows 11, I no longer have access to the default account "Administrator" due to other reasons that aren't relevant here. I did create another one though and I decided to deactivate it using a different account which I then removed admin from. Now when I wanted to...
  4. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...: help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8
  5. Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown user “CDDaemonUser” asking for password to run any programs with admin rights,...: So I am using a Windows 10 Computer which I use to run a particular program which is important to my business. The program has to be run with admin rights. The computer never had any password before and I was able to run the program directly without any password. Yesterday I...
  6. Admin password asked twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password asked twice: Each time I change a user setting, the admin password is required twice. For example, when doing any changes to DNS - DoH. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-asked-twice/8f5dc88e-096e-44dd-b8bd-bd154daa928f
  7. How do I install a program without Windows Admin asking for the password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I install a program without Windows Admin asking for the password?: Hello. I am wanting to install a program, but the Windows Admin window pops up asking for the admin password. I do not have admin, and I do not want to change the admin password. How would I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/ChikoritaLover [link]...
  8. Hosts asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hosts asking for admin password: Good afternoon! I need help... I was trying to block a particular website like youtube, facebook or anything (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) but when I saved it..... admin password suddenly pops up. I didn't even put password on my laptop. And I turned off "Password...
  9. Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes: Hi, We have guests laptops at school for everyone but they keep making changes on the computer. How can i make Windows to ask for admin password when trying to make changes in the computer and when trying to run the installer? Google does not give me right results. 61453
  10. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....