Windows 10: Users file Name is different from settings account name

Discus and support Users file Name is different from settings account name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RushanRodrigo, May 9, 2022.

1. Users file Name is different from settings account name

When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in the settings is the one that I want to be displayed. What I would like to know is how to change this and why/how this can happen so I do not make this mistake again?Thanks in advance.

:)

RushanRodrigo, May 9, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Users file Name is different from settings account name [​IMG]

Brink, May 9, 2022
  3. Askic Win User
    User account name changed

Hello,

I have changed user account name (local administrator) in Control Panel/Settings.
    However, when I open windows power shell and type command Get-LocalUser, I can see in the list old name.
    Reboot didn't solve the problem.

I'm not sure if this is a real problem, because I can use this new name (shown in Windows User account settings) to log into Windows, but I wonder why old name is still present in the list in PowerShell.

Askic, May 9, 2022
  4. Users file Name is different from settings account name

User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Users file Name is different from settings account name

1. Users file Name is different from settings account name - Similar Threads - Users file Name

2. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  3. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  4. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in...
  5. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  6. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  7. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. 2 different user names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 different user names: Hello I have 2 different user names under Windows C: >Users. it will allow me to rename one but not the other. I am not sure why I have 2. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-different-user-names/36033fc7-8cd0-46b9-981e-e03db32c1547
  9. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  10. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...