Windows 10: Users folder merged with pictures

Discus and support Users folder merged with pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so the other day I was trying to move some folders from my SSD to my HDD, and in the process I somehow merged the users folder with my Pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fafa Jiménez, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Users folder merged with pictures

Hello, so the other day I was trying to move some folders from my SSD to my HDD, and in the process I somehow merged the users folder with my Pictures folder, I was wondering if there is any way I can get this fixed by myself or will I have to hire someone with experience to do so, thank you.

:)

Fafa Jiménez, Jul 7, 2020
  2. 2pacaveli Win User

Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (GUsers folder merged with pictures :) drive.

Thank you for your reply. The problem is when I relocated the user Pictures folder to G drive I never created a folder for it inside G drive, so it's now the entire G drive and the pictures folder and videos folder got merged with the drive itself. Check the last screenshot from my IMGUR link and compare that to step 3 from the option one tutorial you linked. When I try to click revert to default location I'm afraid it will move my entire G drive and its contents to the C:/User/example/Pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

I've moved shared Pictures folder to another drive but didn't name it Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    I found someone with the same problem as mine and you told them to do the same thing and it worked for them. I should trust your expertise and try it then.

2pacaveli, Jul 7, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Users folder merged with pictures

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Users folder merged with pictures

1. Users folder merged with pictures - Similar Threads - Users folder merged

2. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  3. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merged User folder and Download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merged User folder and Download folder: What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in...
  6. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...
  7. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  8. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it. Its address is still...
  9. Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (G:) drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (G:) drive.: I originally wanted to move the location of the Pictures folder and the Videos folder that comes default with my OS drive (C:) to my larger (G:) drive so I would have more space on the C drive. The problem was I didn't create a new folder in my G drive when it asked for the...
  10. Undo: Merged your Pictures folder with your User folder

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Undo: Merged your Pictures folder with your User folder: How to: Undo: Merged your Pictures folder with your User folder In Windows 10 you can Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10. You may have done this, for example, because your C: drive is an SSD with limited free space and you want to keep your Pictures on a larger...