Windows 10: Users Folder Missing

Discus and support Users Folder Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marwin Ewert Walczuk, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Users Folder Missing

Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and after I did that, most of my desktop shortcuts vanished, I when I tried to access anything from "C\:Users" I saw that the whole folder was missing, even if I type "C\:Users" it will only show me "Public" and every other user even admin is missing. All my other folders are now empty Documents, Downloads, Images... , so... what can I do? The files seem to be there, cause even tho they appear as empty , they still have occupied space in them.

:)

Marwin Ewert Walczuk, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Users Folder Missing

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Users Folder Missing

1. Users Folder Missing - Similar Threads - Users Folder Missing

2. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  3. MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING FILES IN USERS FOLDER: This morning, when I turned on my laptop, I realised that all my files and folders were missing. Luckily I was able to locate them at users. I moved the personal folders to the already pinned ones to locate them easily. I restarted everything just in case. When it turned back...
  4. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  5. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  6. User Folder is Missing

7. User Folder Missing

User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  8. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  9. User Folder Missing

10. User folder missing

User folder missing: Hi! I got a second hard drive and moved my Pictures folder there. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned. The entire new hard drive kind of became the default Pictures folder. I tried moving it back, but it wouldn't let me. It would only read "Failed to Build list of regular...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users folder is completely missing after windows crash