Windows 10: Users Folder Missing

Discus and support Users Folder Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marwin Ewert Walczuk, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Users Folder Missing

Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and after I did that, most of my desktop shortcuts vanished, I when I tried to access anything from "C\:Users" I saw that the whole folder was missing, even if I type "C\:Users" it will only show me "Public" and every other user even admin is missing. All my other folders are now empty Documents, Downloads, Images... , so... what can I do? The files seem to be there, cause even tho they appear as empty , they still have occupied space in them.

:)

Marwin Ewert Walczuk, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Users Folder Missing

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Users Folder Missing

1. Users Folder Missing - Similar Threads - Users Folder Missing

2. Missing user folder ... PUBLIC only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing user folder ... PUBLIC only: Home network shows 2 folders for EMATIC computer. Owner and Public. However, only PUBLIC shows whenever accessed by other machines. Has worked properly in the past. Advanced sharing shows 'everything' turned on except Password. The PUBLIC folder behaves normally. Only...
  3. My %userprofile% is missing from Users Folder

My %userprofile% is missing from Users Folder: I can access my user profile in the address link, but could not find it in my Users. It is supposed to be in C:\Users How can I retrieve back to visible in the Users folder. I have tried checking the hidden items, but still not able to find it....
  4. desktop icon missing from user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon missing from user folder: Hello! I'm having an issue with the desktop folder icon always disappearing from the user folder. The desktop folder is there but just as a plain folder. Found the post by Shawn Brink on how to check the desktop.ini file and that is good. Oddly enough I had a similar issue...
  5. Missing photo files in 'Users' folder

Missing photo files in 'Users' folder: Hello - after a Windows 10 update was done on my laptop, when it restarted I didn't see my own profile but a temporary one. Then when I looked for my photo files saved in 'Pictures' under 'This PC', no files existed - eeks! So then I looked in the 'Users' folder in the OS C:...
  6. MIssing user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MIssing user: When I try to log in on my laptop I usually have 3 user options. I only ever use one and normally use fingerprint to access it. Today fingerprint option is not available and I cannot remember the pin or password. when I ask to reset them nothing happens. On accessing...
  7. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  8. Missing user folder after moved it to c:\

Missing user folder after moved it to c:\: Missing user folder after moved it to c:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-user-folder-after-moved-it-to-c/58d83d57-5a6b-4c13-acf7-46f7e010382b"
  9. Missing Desktop link in user folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop link in user folder ?: Please can anyone help me with a small problem ? if I right click on my music icon in explorer I can change the location of its contents in the location tab which I was trying to do, as I have my Mp3s in a music folder on my D Drive. whilst trying to do that I...
  10. Missing folders from the "User's File" folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders from the "User's File" folder: This is weird. I've just done a clean install of Win10Pro64 (as I have many times before) and I have something odd happening with the "User's File" folder icon on the desktop (put there from desktop>personalise>themes>desktop-icon-settings). When I open up my user files...