Windows 10: Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

Discus and support Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vsrawat, Apr 26, 2016.

1. vsrawat Win User

Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders.

Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders [​IMG]

firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder?

Now, how to handle this?

Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at E:\MyData\OneDrive to which, I copy files and synchronize to cloud.

Still, which one to remove so that it doesn't mess up with my office/ onedrive/ backup/ sync process?

I checked and found that the top one of the two is having the links of all my E: files, and bottom one is empty (just desktop.ini) file.

Thanks.

:)

vsrawat, Apr 26, 2016

2. Music in Windows10 and OneDrive

I started out with Zune, now that is just shy from useless. I have since turned to Groove Music, Windows10 and now using OneDrive on several devices. Now there are two users in my Windows10 which are both me. I have music under both users, a "My Music" in
    the Library, and OneDrive. Several of the music folders shows around 30GB worth of music and the OneDrive folder is showing around 50GB used.

Since OneDrive is offering 115GB of storage with the option to buy more; How can I merge or consolidate all my music in one folder or library and not duplicate music all over the hard drive?

Closet Casanova, Apr 26, 2016
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Yesterday i decided to make all my pictures, from my master file on PC, available on OneDrive so as to be accessible from other devices. I did this by simply moving the picture folders (there were a few high level folders) to the OneDrive folder. This worked
    fine as far as OneDrive was concerned but the libraries then looked a bit odd.

Normally the libraries folders can appear in two different ways in File Explorer: immediately under This PC and under the Libraries folder, if this is showing. I found that Pictures library is no longer appearing directly under This PC but it still does
    appear under the Libraries folder. However, when I open Pictures under the Libraries folder, it appears to offer several different locations:

D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures this location then shows all my high level pictures folders

(this is the correct location as far as i am concerned and it shows the folders thati would expect to see)

For some reason it also shows D/users/myname/OneDrive as a location, with this location showing all the One Drive folders, including Pictures.

There are also a couple of fairly insignificant locations which it mentions. I think these are ones where a piece of software has automatically created a Pictures folder to store pictures.

How can I get the the Pictures library to re-appear directly under under This PC and showing only the folders under D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures.

like it used to do when my photos were in D/users/myname/pictures.

I feel this should be possible since, some time ago, I made Documents available on OneDrive. The Documents library happily appears under This PC, under Libraries or of course, more directly, under D/users/myname/OneDrive Unfortunately i can't remember exactly
    how I carried out the process of making Documents available on OneDrive to compare.

[Moved from:
    OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Adding and removing files and folders / OneDrive in Windows 10]

wallace99, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

1. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders - Similar Threads - Users folder showing

2. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  3. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  4. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  5. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  6. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  7. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  8. Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?

Onedrive folder how to restore from the onedrive folder to my user folder?: I removed/uninstalled OneDrive but I still have a OneDrive folder and most of my files are in that folder including my documents, pics and desktop. While my computer seems to work okay can I restore the location of these files in my user folder rather than in the OneDrive...
  9. OneDrive and user file folders

OneDrive and user file folders: In Windows 10, I put my user file folders My Documents, My Music, etc. into my OneDrive folder. But this seemed to confuse the OneDrive app, as well as Windows. I guess I should have known better than do do this with system folders, rather than just those system folders’...
  10. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two one drive folders showing

2. two onedrive folders in users

3. two one drive showing in users file list