Windows 10: "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

Discus and support "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 512GB SSD and I went to delete some file as I have ~40GB left and realized that the "Users" folder was taking up over 300GB of disk space! I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by septicop, Apr 5, 2020.

1. septicop Win User

"Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

I have a 512GB SSD and I went to delete some file as I have ~40GB left and realized that the "Users" folder was taking up over 300GB of disk space! I went through the folder and nothing using that much space showed up... How do I fix this? I really need space as I am a video editor and I need space for my after effects sequences.

:)

septicop, Apr 5, 2020

2. Feedback hub - folder in "users" with large amount of data?

I was having issues with Onedrive giving me an error saying it couldn't access a folder called feedback hub located in users/myname/onedrive/emailattachments/mydocuments/feedback hub

Having a nosey around, there is a folder there with name {017847f4-573f-4c2b-a5ed-6381b2d30215} and it contains half a gig of data?

I don't really want it taking up that amount of space, and why is it listed under email attachments? Can I just delete it all? Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Apr 5, 2020
  3. SDawg30 Win User
    ReFS on server 2016 using large amounts of disk space.

Trying to find an explanation of high disk usage that possibly were created because we are using ReFS, and a way to clean them up if possible.

Have a drive on Windows Server 2016 and it is formatted with ReFS and using 64K blocks. The amount of disk for the files is about 5TB when looking at size on disk, but the properties of the drive show 7.5TB. Under settings>storage when I click on the drive
    it shows 2.5TB of system files. There is nothing installed on this drive, it is just for storing files, there are about 33,000,000 small files on it.

I have done the following:

• Show hidden files
    • Show protected files
    • Gave myself permissions to all files
    • Ensured there are no shadow copies, both from command prompt and GUI
    • Ensured protection is turned off
    I saw one article that says the space being used is from ReFS, but does not explain what it is, or if there is a way to clean it up. Article also suggests that using ReFS for many small files is not a good idea. We were asked by the vendor of an application
    to use ReFS.

SDawg30, Apr 5, 2020
  4. "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents
    of this folder when I realized that it was occupying about 57 Gigabytes (yes!) in my C drive, leaving my computer almost unusable (I have a relatively small C drive that is a solid state drive, and a bigger D drive). I noticed that essentially *all* of this
    space was taken up by 'dmp' files from PCDr, from a day in which I was presented a low disk space usage warning (a week ago), which is very intriguing (I am not quite sure whether it was the actual source of the low disk space warning, or a consequence of
    it).

BTW, other logs within this folder appear to clearly suggest telemetry-related software. Could somebody confirm what software this folder belongs to, how to remove it, and possibly how to report that it must be completely broken -if it can allow its own
    'dmp' files to take up that much space- (there were thousands of such files in PCDr/6992). I doubt that this is malware though, since the logs and files offer clear glimpses as to the program's workings. However, there is no way to uninstall via the regular
    Windows 10 Programs and Apps, as far as I can tell. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! (I've already deleted myself the 'dmp' files, but I want to prevent a new whole bunch from being created).

ngPatricia, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

"Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space!

1. "Users" folder taking up large amounts of disk space! - Similar Threads - Users folder taking

2. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  3. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  4. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "OTHER USERS" taking up Disk Space: On my Win10 machine, I have a 300 GB partition that holds my OS and apps. 185 GB is being used by "OTHER USERS" which I dont understand since I AM the only user on my machine. I've seen other people posting on this problem. I did use SYSPREP to make the drive so I didn't lose...
  6. "Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive

"Other Large Folders Taking Up Space In C Drive: I noticed that I only had 8.8GB left on my C Drive. I use Other Drives to store all of my download and such but the occasional file gets into the C Drive which I delete. When I went into the settings to see what was taking up all of the space it says "Other" is taking up...
  7. User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space

User folder seems to be taking up a lot of space: I have a 128 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but the SSD is full, even though all of my photos and videos and documents are on the HDD. I downloaded TreeSize Free and it shows that there are 66.9 GB or so in my user folder. How can I free up some of this space?[ATTACH]...
  8. Multiple users taking up disk space

Multiple users taking up disk space: Hello, The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to clean it up and free up all the space. What I am asking, is there a policy or setting in Windows 10 that I as an admin can...
  9. Large files which are taking up disk space

Large files which are taking up disk space: Hi, Why is it that Windows is taking up 55GB+ of space which should not be taken up? These files aren't executable and didn't get notified that they were sitting there by windows. Also, can anyone recommend any apps that allow you delete files whilst ignoring the fact...
  10. WSL take huge amount of disk space??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL take huge amount of disk space??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6razyboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7t8lq/wsl_take_huge_amount_of_disk_space/