Windows 10: Users folder

Discus and support Users folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a few win 7 machines that the c:/users/ actually shows up as "temporary burn folder".I am baffled and unable to get it to show up as users in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrianBall9, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Users folder

I have a few win 7 machines that the c:/users/ actually shows up as "temporary burn folder".I am baffled and unable to get it to show up as users in file explorer. Does anybody have any thoughts as to how to fix this.

:)

BrianBall9, Dec 1, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Users folder

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Users folder

1. Users folder - Similar Threads - Users folder

2. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...
  3. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...
  4. Strange user folder names Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  5. Strange user folder names Windows 11

Strange user folder names Windows 11: Hi all.I have just bought a new laptop with Win 11. I am not real familiar with Win 11.MS set my user name as the first 5 letters of my email address, so I changed the user name to Steve.I now notice there are folders under users named "steph" and two folders named...
  6. Safe to Move These Folders to New User Profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe to Move These Folders to New User Profile?: I've already made several posts in the forums about a virus I had and the feedback has been very helpful so far. I have another question now. I had to create a new User in Windows because the virus corrupted my original account. When I went to delete my old account, Windows...
  7. Safe to Move These Folders to New User Profile?

Safe to Move These Folders to New User Profile?: I've already made several posts in the forums about a virus I had and the feedback has been very helpful so far. I have another question now. I had to create a new User in Windows because the virus corrupted my original account. When I went to delete my old account, Windows...
  8. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  9. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?: So i had to randomize some files names in one specific folder using Power Shell, but i did it on my user directory by accident, so my Downloads, Documents, Videos etc. user folders are some random letters now, and i can't access them using Explorer's shortcuts on left...
  10. Help! I i randomized my C:\User folders names, how to revert?