Windows 10: Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN

Discus and support Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. So First of all, I was just laying in my bed and watching videos, but I felt sleepy so I shut down my laptop and went to sleep. 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swoopiac, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Swoopiac Win User

Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN

Hello.

So First of all, I was just laying in my bed and watching videos, but I felt sleepy so I shut down my laptop and went to sleep. 5 minutes later, I realized I forgot to send an email to my teacher, so I went back to my laptop.

When I turned it on, all the other users were gone, except mine. I tried to log in, but it asked me for a pin even though I never use my pin to log in, I always use my password.

I pretty much didn't know what my pins was, so I clicked on

a thing saying "I forgot my pin". It asked me to type the code that was sent on my number, but I don't have acces to that phone because I broke it a few months ago, and I haven't bought a new one first.

So can you guys help me out?

all the best

:)

Swoopiac, Feb 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Feb 28, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN

1. Users Missing on windows 10 & Asking me for a PIN - Similar Threads - Users Missing Asking

2. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  3. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  4. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every login is asking me for a pin.

Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  6. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  7. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin

Windows 10 keeps asking me to setup a Hello Pin: Just got a new Dell Laptop with Windows 10 in July 2020. I try to keep it updated at least weekly. Every so often I see 2 problems: 1 it tells me i can't run windows update, to which i found in Control Panel>Services that's it's been disabled and needs to be re-enabled, and 2...
  9. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

Stop windows asking for me to make a pin: Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is...
  10. Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin

Stop Windows 10 Asking me to Create a Pin: I have recently re-installed Windows 10. When I installed it I was forced to create a pin. I was able to remove the pin once I'd logged on but now every time I reboot my computer Windows insists that I create a pin for it, claiming "We think you'll like it". I don't like it,...