Windows 10: Users missing?

Discus and support Users missing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i've been trying to change my username for the pc and learnt online that by going into command prompt and typing "netplwiz" opens up an option to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Devansh Mathur, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Users missing?

So i've been trying to change my username for the pc and learnt online that by going into command prompt and typing "netplwiz" opens up an option to change the username. So i changed my username to what i wanted it (the same as my computer name ; Devansh) and when i hit OK then the user vanished and now I cant right click anything in my taskbar or access the search option. I dont want to restart my PC as i feel as that would save the settings and i would lose all my data. Please respond asap

:)

Devansh Mathur, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Users missing?

User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Users missing?

1. Users missing? - Similar Threads - Users missing

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...
  6. When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer

When making a new user on Windows 11 the user seems to be missing icons and files in explorer: Attached is a screenshot describing what I describe in the question but when I create a new user the account loads without icons and explorer seems very bare. I've tried making the user admin and standard and both are the same. I've also tried making another user in case it...
  7. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  8. other users option in Login is missing.

other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  9. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...
  10. Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.

Missing users. can only sign in as guest account.: I started a new job at a small business, and they no longer have an IT guy so no local support at all I am missing a user that was used for file sharing and being able to view the same excel info and what not. Currently i can only use guest and use the quickbooks downloaded...