Windows 10: Users of the ASUS Live Update beware, you could install backdoor

Discus and support Users of the ASUS Live Update beware, you could install backdoor in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As Kaspersky lab announced today, users of ASUS hardware are possible targets of hackers attack: The actors behind ShadowHammer targeted the ASUS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreTen, Mar 25, 2019.

1. AndreTen Win User

Users of the ASUS Live Update beware, you could install backdoor

As Kaspersky lab announced today, users of ASUS hardware are possible targets of hackers attack:

Read more at Kaspersky lab site:
    press-releases | operation-shadowhammer-new-supply-chain-attack

:)

AndreTen, Mar 25, 2019

2. Asus Xonar D2 won't install in Win 10

Hi Podge,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

What happens when you try to install the software?

I suggest you to re -install the software and check.

Try the following steps to un-install:

• Right click on Start menu, click Programs and features
    • Select Asus Xonar D2 highlight it and uninstall
    • Now download and -reinstall the software and check if that helps.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Mar 25, 2019
  3. EricR59 Win User
    ASUS LIVE UPDATER

To anyone out there with this problem on their ASUS notebook after upgrading to windows 10 or after doing a complete install of windows 10. I found ASUS support no real help. So I just decided to take a chance on just looking up one of ASUS notebooks that
    has, windows 10 ASUS live update and installed it and it seems to be working correctly. My ASUS is x401a, 2013

EricR59, Mar 25, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Users of the ASUS Live Update beware, you could install backdoor - Similar Threads - Users ASUS Live

2. backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backdoor virus: want to remove backdoor virus but not able to remove that with window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backdoor-virus/34107b33-a39e-408d-95b8-66d279b9408d
  3. backdoor virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backdoor virus: want to remove backdoor virus but not able to remove that with window defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backdoor-virus/34107b33-a39e-408d-95b8-66d279b9408d
  4. Backdoor attack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backdoor attack?: My wife was almost the victim of scammers imitating PayPal. During the conversation her Blue screen said "software updating, do not turn off your computer". She scanned with Norton 360 and found nothing. Today she got the same screen. She immediately removed WiFi adapter and...
  5. backdoors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    backdoors: My pc recently I think got hacked because windows defender keeps saying everyday that i have new backdoors in files like spotify , nvcontainer , amd , etc. Can you guys help me fix this because I dont want my pc to blue screen. Thanks!...
  6. Users Who Post In The Community BEWARE!

Users Who Post In The Community BEWARE!: Guys Beware About What You Post Because Today I Found A Website That Copys The Question You Just Asked And Any Question Related To It. I May Know A Lot A Lot About Tech But I Dont Know How They Are Doing This But Dont Put Any Personal Info The Website is flagged by...
  7. Backdoors on a computer

Backdoors on a computer: Does the Microsoft Programs protect a computer/Laptop from Backdoors? And how to chech is there are backdoors on a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/backdoors-on-a-computer/4f1c60a1-9650-40fb-97db-b10fbccf9826
  8. Latest IE11 SCAM beware if you see this

in Browsers and Email
    Latest IE11 SCAM beware if you see this: Hi there Beware if you see this Scam appear when using IE11. (I don't have Mozilla either anywhere on the system). [img] Clean your machine Immediately -- DO NOT click any links, Close browser down immediately as well as any applications you are running and either...
  9. 10586 update issues - beware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10586 update issues - beware: I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the update and all the regular problems like resetting default apps etc., I also realized the update went through my Fonts folder and...
  10. Beware CCleaner installation!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beware CCleaner installation!: I just installed the latest version and I may have missed something, but I discovered right after that the horrible Avast anti-virus program got installed too. I have installed many versions of CCleaner and I am aware that you have to check the box that says to not...