Windows 10: Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.

Discus and support Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; mainly while saving in adobe--but seen it while saving other things too office basically--they are printing to Adobe to save as PDF. in the upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cleatus#1, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Cleatus#1 Win User

Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.

mainly while saving in adobe--but seen it while saving other things too office

basically--they are printing to Adobe to save as PDF. in the upper right of the save as popup window, there is a "search" box. that is grayed out and the user cannot enter anything in that box. This is important as they have to save in a directory with hundreds and hundreds of folders, and searching made life easier.

Note this *seems* to have happened right at our upgrade push to 1903

I have re-installed Adobe DC pro and same result

any help would be appreciated.

:)

Cleatus#1, Sep 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 21, 2020
  3. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2020
  4. BobZ Win User

Unable to Save to Documents

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer? I think that should fix my problem.

In a not so critical glitch, my computer will not go to sleep using the power settings in the control panel.

Thema:

1. Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents. - Similar Threads - Users search function

2. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  3. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  4. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Photo App's Save option is grayed out, only Save As is available when cropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App's Save option is grayed out, only Save As is available when cropped: Hi all,I've been looking for a solution to the problem where the Save option in the Windows 10 Photo App is grayed out and only Save As is available when cropped.I couldn't find any solution in the Windows community, but I figured it out.This is a bug in the Windows photo...
  6. Windows 10 Photo App's Save option is grayed out, only Save As is available when cropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App's Save option is grayed out, only Save As is available when cropped: Hi all,I've been looking for a solution to the problem where the Save option in the Windows 10 Photo App is grayed out and only Save As is available when cropped.I couldn't find any solution in the Windows community, but I figured it out.This is a bug in the Windows photo...
  7. Google Signed-out search function

in Browsers and Email
    Google Signed-out search function: I use FireFox and DuckDuckGo search. I use Ccleaner. I kept noticing that the Button for Google Signed-out search activity was being automatically turned on. Through process of elimination, I found that I need to put google.com in the Ccleaner Cookies to Keep column to stop...
  8. Search function not working when trying to save with Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working when trying to save with Print to PDF: The search function in windows explorer gets grayed out when trying to use Microsoft print to PDF. This used to work before and now has stopped. Is there anything that could've caused this to happen? 150355
  9. Search function regarding documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function regarding documents: With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it correctly, it comes up after I hit "enter" but I regard this a bug, relative to the previous version of Windows 10....
  10. YES button grayed out on user control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YES button grayed out on user control: when trying to load a new software, the window asks if i want to allow this program to make changes to my computer. The ONLY choice is no...it asks for admin id and password..help...