Windows 10: Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer

Discus and support Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1. With Windows 7, I had four registered users, each appearing on the initial opening screen with individual logos/pictures. Each user had their own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PaulPatashnik, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer

1. With Windows 7, I had four registered users, each appearing on the initial opening screen with individual logos/pictures. Each user had their own profile with their own internet site favourites appearing below the Star logo and/or as part of the Favourites tab on Google.

The Windows 10 upgrade shows only the first user's profile as her's is the earliest name in the alphabet. While the other users are listed in the C drive under "Users", how do I get the other 3 users' profiles to appear on the first screen?

Also in Windows 10, where is the "Switch user" button?

2. While all the documents, pictures, favourites for each user have been transferred to Windows 10, they are in the C drive under "Users" but not in the File Explorer. How do I get them into the File Explorer?

3. I cannot see an Internet Explorer icon anywhere as I want to set up Google (not Google Chrome) as the default search engine. How do I do this ?

4. Under Windows 10, I opened the BBC Sports website and tried to add it to the Favourites by right clicking. However the Settings cog does not appear and therefore the Internet option to set Google as the default does not appear either. How to fix ?

Thanks in anticipation of all the assistance out there but be gentle with your replies as I am extremely non computer or IT literate.

:)

PaulPatashnik, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Dan_367 Win User

Windows 10 Browser?

Will it transfer my Favorites (bookmarks) to the new browser from Internet Explorer? (Updating current Windows 7 to Windows 10).

Dan_367, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Want to get rid of Windows 7

Will removing the old Windows folder and its contents affect what it transferred to Windows 10? I mean, like all is good now and don't want to lose whatever programs and files switched over to Windows 10, such as all that's in My Documents in Windows 10.
    How about Internet Explorer that was transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10? Will it still be there or will it be gone?

Mel Cavicchi, Aug 26, 2015
  4. rmtracy Win User

Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer

I also prefer IE to Edge, although I almost always use Firefox. Simply search your C drive for "iexplor", and you will find it. Drag it to the desktop...

Cheers,

Ray The old Marine

rmtracy, Aug 26, 2015
  5. There are 125 files with iexplor. How do I know which is the one I want ?

Thanks

PaulPatashnik, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    IE is found in all apps Windows accesories.

Bazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer

1. Users transferred from Windows 7 to Windows 10 + Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Users transferred Internet

2. Transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Just purchased a computer with Windows 10 on it. Had Windows 7. Backed up my files documents, pictures, etc from my old computer and tried to restore them to my new one. Nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?...
  3. Transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Just purchased a computer with Windows 10 on it. Had Windows 7. Backed up my files documents, pictures, etc from my old computer and tried to restore them to my new one. Nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?...
  4. Transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering favorites from Internet Explore to edge: How can I Transfer favorites from Internet Explore to edge? 175754
  6. Transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from Windows 7 to Windows 10: When I purchased my new computer with windows 10, I transferred everything from my old computer using my Seagate GoFlex portable external hard drive. Now I can't locate any of the files or folders that I transferred. How do I find them?...
  7. File Transfer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Transfer from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have a Gigaware usb transfer cable and Laplink FileMover with Windows Easy Transfer Wizard software. I used this to move files from Win XP to Win 7. Can I use this cable and software package to transfer Win 7 files to Windows 10?...
  8. TRANSFERING FILES FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRANSFERING FILES FROM WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10: How can I transfer my files from windows 7 Laptop to my new windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-files-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/420b61fa-68f8-4e49-9355-759cd1911f2e"
  9. My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My site looks different on windows 7 Internet Explorer and Windows 10 internet Explorer: So I'm a developer and I'm working with a clients site and I have a little problem, the site is looking good on windows 10 all browsers but on windows 7, especially Internet Explorer it looks broken. I know that it's not a Windows problem but could it be? Because it's a...
  10. Transferring files from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring files from Windows 7 to 10: I have copied the Migwiz folder from Windows 7 and when I try and run the application on Windows 10 it says that wdscore.dll is missing from the installation disk. Any suggestions would be appreciated....