Windows 10: Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

Discus and support Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's a well-known fact that many OEMs and retailers across the world are shipping Windows computers, no matter the OS version installed, with lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

Source

labeeman, Feb 1, 2015
  2. Mystere Win User

News flash: Users want something that costs lots of money at no cost without any obligations to help defray those costs.

What will users think of next?

:)

Mystere, Feb 1, 2015
  3. MSeurat Win User
    Bloatware on Windows10 - Syntax to Hide and Remove

Windows 10 has lots of bloatware. This link:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easily-remove-bloatware-windows-10/
    helps users to customize their Windows 10 experience by hiding or removing unwanted OS integrated apps. Unfortunately it has not been updated as new bloatware apps have been added though
    Windows Updates and we need the Syntax for many of the new bloatware apps so we can hide or remove them to further customize our Windows 10 experience.

PLEASE provide an official web page with a current list of Windows 10 bloatware apps and the appropriate syntax to both hide and remove these apps so users can run their systems as lean or fat as they desire. PLEASE KEEP IT UPDATED as new bloatware (OS
    integrated apps) are added through future Windows updates. The ability to customize our experience is one very important and much appreciated feature of Windows.

Thank you!

MSeurat, Feb 1, 2015
  4. Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

bloatware Windows 10

Why add bloatware in Windows 10 Version 1607 OS Build 14393.0. I like my Windows 10 Clean without other stuff being forced installed.. I should be able to pick what I want as a user to install. NOT Microsoft instilling it for me like

Dwarboard PFD that is not free. and I am sure you can find a few more worthless Apps form the Microsoft Store that is installed by Default. I am finding Mac iOS and Linux more appealing.

PureMinded, Feb 1, 2015
  5. Not to worry Microsoft is packing os's with it's own bloatware now *Tongue

ThrashZone, Feb 1, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Your logic escapes me, if I spend $500 - $1000 on an unit with windows installed, means that I have already paid a premium price for that machine. Fine charge me $10 more to allow it to be bloat free.

The biggest problem with bloatware is that you are never certain what is actually needed to run your system. Some are obvious amazon.com links, etc. But some are not, I personally get a headache trying to figure what half of the stuff is. I have special software to disable and totally remove McAfee tools (I don't want it).

At the very least they should allow an option of standard or custom install, so you can pick and choose.

It reminds me of DVD rentals, originally there were no previews, then they would have 1 or 2 previews, now it is up 10-12 previews, just to watch the stupid movie, even at theater's the previews last longer than the actual movie. Give me a break.

Trust_No1, Feb 1, 2015
  7. Not much logic in there mostly sarcasm *Wink

ThrashZone, Feb 1, 2015
  8. Tews Win User

Tews, Feb 1, 2015
  9. Dude Win User
    Dude, Feb 1, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    First, the point was that they were asking MS to prevent OEM's from bundling crapware on any system, not just premium ones.

Second, it's really between you and your OEM, not Microsoft. OEM's use this crapware as a way to defray costs to sell you systems cheaper. If you can negotiate with them for a way to get that system without the crapware by paying more, that's up to you and them.

Otherwise, vote with your wallet and don't buy from vendors who sell you systems with crapware.

Mystere, Feb 1, 2015
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    First, the point was that they were asking MS to prevent OEM's from bundling crapware on any system, not just premium ones.

Second, it's really between you and your OEM, not Microsoft. OEM's use this crapware as a way to defray costs to sell you systems cheaper. If you can negotiate with them for a way to get that system without the crapware by paying more, that's up to you and them.

Otherwise, vote with your wallet and don't buy from vendors who sell you systems with crapware. *Ditto. . .You would think folks could figure that out without having to complain about it. . .*Huh

12. I would personally just add another 100u.s. for another oem copy of what ever os I wanted and scrub the darn thing after a year once the warrantee is expired for the hardware *Tongue

That would take for granted there was no activation key for the factory machine.
    If you would be smart don't buy a machine without a obvious activation key *Wink

ThrashZone, Feb 1, 2015
  13. M1GU31 Win User

Takes like 10 mins tops assuming you know what you're doing to get rid of bloatware on a preinstalled os. Not that big of a deal. Another option would just to buy the os separate from the pc with a clean burned iso or find a iso online cleaned already to install. At least that's how it's usually been in the past.

M1GU31, Feb 2, 2015
  14. groze Win User
    That is not the best way. A clean install is the best way. *Smile

Otherwise, vote with your wallet and don't buy from vendors who sell you systems with crapware. *Ditto. . .You would think folks could figure that out without having to complain about it. . .*Huh Yeah, but Microsoft sells it software to OEM's. Microsoft can tell a OEMs what to do or not provide the Operating system. They done it in the past. I remember reading something if the OEM's don't do that, the OEM's wouldn't get an official windows 8/8.1 logo. Have you ever thought people have complained to the OEM's but no one is listening?

OEMs need to go back to they way they use to do it.
    Provided an OEM installation disk for clean install.
    Provided a driver disk
    Provided the 3rd party software on dvd/cd disks. There are some people that want 3rd party software. I like the dell webcam, but I had to download it from dell website.

Also, you shouldn't have to agree to an agreement to use your own computer. That mad me *Mad when I saw that. It is my computer not theirs. I paid for it. I am not talking about the EULUs that different.

groze, Feb 2, 2015
  15. For the low end tablets, crapware is so unnecessary these days. The Intel SoCs for those baby tablets are pretty cheap. Windows with Bing is a free to use SKU for those devices. Needing to install crapware to defray hardware costs is silly.

Even worse on the higher end of things is having nice hardware, but crapware all over the place.

Coke Robot, Feb 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free - Similar Threads - Users Bloatware Free

2. Windows 10 LTSC bloatware-free promise challenged by recent security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 LTSC bloatware-free promise challenged by recent security updates: KEY POINTS Windows 10 LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is preferred for stability and fewer changes. However, recent September and October 2023 updates have introduced unexpected changes, causing concern among users. Microsoft added a non-removable “Windows Backup” app...
  3. Cannot find HPTouchpointAnalytics Bloatware on computer Want to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find HPTouchpointAnalytics Bloatware on computer Want to delete: HP Laptop running W10 V20H2 Every now and then, my Hitman scanning program recognizes secretly installed HP Bloatware that I did not authorize. When this stuff hits, I can have it deleted, however, the program that causes this stuff to be secretly installed is still present...
  4. Bloatware free "fresh start" in 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bloatware free "fresh start" in 20H2?: Hi, I have a new HP desktop that is on version 20H2. Using "reset this PC" for a clean bloatware free reinstall and the tutorial I am following from the May 2020 update speaks of a toggle under "additional settings" > "change settings" that said: "restore preinstalled apps?"...
  5. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  6. is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is Windows 10 free for Windows 8 users?: I'm still running windows 8 and want to upgrade to 10, will I have to purchase a new license key? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgwe3l/is_windows_10_free_for_windows_8_users/
  7. Bloatware Windows 10

Bloatware Windows 10: Way more smarter people on forum. I am in Powershell looking at all my packages. Just curious what stuff does? Microsoft.AsyncTextService_8wekyb3d8bbwe What is it?...
  8. WIndows bloatware

WIndows bloatware: Hi, Now and then I have to reinstall my Windows 10 system and every-time it automatically starts downloading various bloatware, junk and garbage games, dodgy apps and general nonsense. Can I somehow disable it during installation? Even when I block all preinstalled...
  9. Bloatware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...
  10. Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware: In addition to some pre-installed Windows 10 apps, Microsoft is also bundling others belonging to third parties, including Candy Crush Saga, a game that has already proved to be very successful on mobile platforms. But on Windows 10, users don’t seem to be very excited about...