Windows 10: Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10

Discus and support Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft puts all hopes on Windows 10 as far as its plans to maintain its desktop domination and expand into the mobile sector are concerned, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 20, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10

More

labeeman, Jan 20, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

I'm not surprised in the least bit. Win7 while outdated is still a very good OS for many who just want to run apps/programs and just get work done. Win10 is great so far but I can see why some would stick with a known vs an unknown.

Just my 2c, YMMV as usual
    Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2015
  3. bw3333 Win User
    Why this annoying icon to update to Windows 10?

Hi!

Why this annoying icon in my windows 7 taskbar to get W10? I have tested W10 for month now and I get about two BSOD a day! Still MS offers me to "upgrade" to this buggy W10. My Windows 7 runs for over four years now without any BSOD. It's amazing MS will
    push out an OS that is far from ready. Why the rush? I want a stable OS and not a beta version, free or not. It's even more annoying that it is so hard to get rid of that stupid "offer" to "upgrade".

I have been a faithful Windows user since 3.1 over W95, W98, W98SE, W2000 and W7. This latest trick from MS to install a beta-OS has put me off very much.

I will investigate to move from Windows to another os, Mac or some Linux distro so I want bee bothered with cheep tricks to get a sub-quality OS. There are still bugs in Windows 7 despite the long update cycle so I gather W10 will not be usable for many
    years to come.

Regards bl,

Please make it easy to stop the annoying "Get W10 icon" now!

bw3333, Jan 20, 2015
  4. Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10

Feedback on Windows 10.

Agreed that Windows 10 *****

It is a jar from the onset , adverstising , apps , autoclick on hover beggars belief! despite trying to stop this it continues! The remedy is a to buy a copy of Windows 7 and start a fresh. The login to outlook and a vain attempt to get people to visit bing
    via the scenic places of interest nonsense.

Please dont dont upgrade to windows 10 if you value your sanity and if your unlucky enough to have a purchased new laptop with 10 installed get yourself a copy of 7 , I do think microsft should have a free downgrade link to 7 which has allways been fine[.

Windows 10 is the worst espeacilly for business users.

AnyGivenMoment, Jan 20, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Agreed !

I'm not surprised. Windows 7 is surely a very good OS, and still supports most of modern techs. I have many relatives and friends that avoided Windows 8/8.1 and decided to keep Windows 7 or moved from XP/Vista to it. Now things won't be much different, except by the fact that Windows 10 is being more accepted by the average users than Windows 8 was at that time.

*Thumbs

Vladimir, Jan 20, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    *Huh Care to elaborate on that thought??

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Maybe - but there are some excellent new features that users could quite easily adopt without changing the way they work. IMO the major considerations will be PRICE and EASE OF MIGRATION.

Incidentally the sale of Laptops last XMAS surprised most analysts and there is evidence that the popularity of basic Slabs (i.e non convertible type tablets) is waning quite fast. Expect new laptops to be sold with a possible FREE upgrade to W10.

There might also be some introductory offers for W7==>W10 updaters too just to get the ball rolling.

I've found once you actually SHOW the OS to some even quite diehard W7 users they quite like it --I don't expect W7 to stay in an "XP" like situation as pretty well anything that runs on W7 seems to run on W10.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 20, 2015
  8. Rickkins Win User

*Huh Care to elaborate on that thought?? I agree. Win 7 will remain a major choice for many. Win 10 has a major hurdle to overcome if it wants to succeed. Win 7 was an excellent OS and that's what happens when you produce such a great OS.

Bet Microsoft won't make that mistake again...*Wink

Rickkins, Jan 20, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    *Huh Care to elaborate on that thought?? I agree. Win 7 will remain a major choice for many. Win 10 has a major hurdle to overcome if it wants to succeed. Win 7 was an excellent OS and that's what happens when you produce such a great OS.

Bet Microsoft won't make that mistake again...*Wink Thanks.. Win7 is still one of my favorite OS's. I like Win10 so far but we should find out a lot more sometime today when the next build comes out.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2015
  10. Honestly, you'd have to be a broken doorknob to refuse Windows 10 for 7 at this point, there's no logical argument, other than of course soft/hardware compatibility issues.

Coke Robot, Jan 21, 2015
  11. enoch1138 Win User
    I never liked Windows 7. It's fine if you want to live in the last decade.

I loved 8/8.1 and I fully expect 10 to be awesome.

enoch1138, Jan 21, 2015
  12. Windows 10 is still a Beta and users have been reporting wacky problems (like HDD issues).

lehnerus2000, Jan 21, 2015
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

The FREE update will interest the Corporate market who I'm sure don't want to be stuck with an aging OS - especially if their main users are using W10 at home.

Now I'm sure there will be some restrictions on a W7 ==> W10 upgrade as I can't see Ms dishing out 100,000's of free copies to large corporations like SHELL for example - but who knows - Ms might have planned other ways to extract revenue from these companies - for example FREE upgrade but you have to license Office 365.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 21, 2015
  14. Superfly Win User
    Here's the fine print: Windows 10 - Microsoft Windows

Superfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Users Will Continue to Install Windows 7 Despite W10 - Similar Threads - Users Continue Install

2. Windows is not activated despite user with e5 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is not activated despite user with e5 licence: Hi GuysI have a problem, that a device which is managed with intune does not get activated.Normally when a user logs on the installed windows on the device gets activated with the E5 license the user has assigned.But not in this case. The user which is logged on on this...
  3. W10 notifications for Edge despite zero msedge.exe processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 notifications for Edge despite zero msedge.exe processes: Hey all. Curious if anyone has more information on this behavior. I'm getting Asana notifications in Windows 10 through the Edge browser, despite zero open browser windows. - Fully updated Chromium Edge - No background processes allowed - Zero msedge.exe processes in Task...
  4. Vexing BSOD after W10 install despite working in safe mode and W7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vexing BSOD after W10 install despite working in safe mode and W7: A friend, who built this Cooler Master computer for gaming, gave it to me and said I could use it now. He ran Windows 7 and it seemed to run fine. I put W10 on it and it randomly blue screens, (giving me the KMODE_Exception...), the length of time before restarting really...
  5. Windows 7 backup&restore on W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 backup&restore on W10: The backup&restore program is looking for a file that does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backuprestore-on-w10/a913b9b8-3e1b-42d6-804e-b0fb8ff43bc0
  6. Antivirus for Windows 7: support continues

in Windows 10 News
    Antivirus for Windows 7: support continues: All antivirus solutions remain supported on Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system after Microsoft ended support for it on January 14, 2020. The Windows 7 operating system has a large usage base even after support end. While the trend showed a decline for some time, latest...
  7. Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS: Let's face it, Windows 10 Pro is NOT a Professional OS... it is setup for Family Users; note the Xbox/games & social media - TIME WASTERS. As a small business owner, I need the Pro part of the name to actually mean something. If you fill the system with games & other misc...
  8. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?: Are my BSOD graphic's card related? I am still having daily BSOD since the clean install of Windows 10 home. The dump files indicate it is a Windows driver issue interacting in a bogus way with another non windows driver. The AMD forum mention the Radeon R9 380 graphic cards...
  9. Windows 7 failed download of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 failed download of W10: Hello, I preregistered a copy of W10 for my computer with the little window on the taskbar, which is still there. On the 29th I started the computer and I did an update to W7 and I noticed that my shutdown was highlighted. It did not download the installation when I...
  10. Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7 and 8 users are now able to reserve their free copy of W10: [img] Microsoft has started advertising Windows 10 to users of Windows 7 and 8 with the window that you see above. First noted by a user on Reddit, this window is now being reported by multiple users that Microsoft is allowing them to reserve a copy of the OS for free....