Windows 10: Using 1511 for fresh install and image

Discus and support Using 1511 for fresh install and image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On 18th October I posted about using a windows 10 image to upgrade several machines and was advised that it was not possible. I have just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ansentry, Dec 2, 2015.

1. ansentry Win User

Using 1511 for fresh install and image

On 18th October I posted about using a windows 10 image to upgrade several machines and was advised that it was not possible.

I have just downloaded from Tech Bench (link on this forum) and the file is called Win10_1511_English_x64.

I thought Microsoft withdrew this version, or is it OK to use. If I can use it then I think my problem with using images may be over.

Could someone please give me some advice and or opinion. As I don't want to use is and run into updating or other problems.

Regards,

John A

:)

ansentry, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Mr# Dean Win User

Windows 1511 activation fails - fresh install; "Invalid key 0x803F7001 "

*Original Title: Windows 1511 activation fails - fresh install

Hi

Windows home 64bit 1511 is running, but the activation doesn't work.

"Invalid key 0x803F7001 "

I made a fresh installation with an ISO-stick. My product key is from a Windows 10 home 64bit dvd which I bought last summer. This is the first time I use this key. The computer doesn't have a CD/DVD drive .

Mr# Dean, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 November Update - The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error INSTALL_DRIVERS operation

ohh right I get you now is a fresh install strait to 1511 not a option for you?

TrevorStephen, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

This version was temporarily unavailable but has now been restored for general use and you are good to go!

philc43, Dec 2, 2015
  5. ansentry Win User
    philc43,

You have made my day - Thank you very much for your quick reply.

John A

ansentry, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using 1511 for fresh install and image - Similar Threads - Using 1511 fresh

2. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  3. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  4. HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE: A couple years ago, around the turn into 2016, I built a gaming pc and purchased windows 10 on disc for it. Installing it then was a breeze and had 0 issues. Recently I decided to go ahead and build a newer up to date rig, especially with the release of RDR2 on PC, had to get...
  5. Fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install: If I do a fresh install within windows what will I loose? 113686
  6. Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore disk image to a fresh Windows 10 installation: What I'd like to do is:- Make a system image backup to an external HDD. Re-format drive C Re-install Windows 10 from scratch Restore all my apps and files (not many files as I keep almost all data on a separate partition. Am I expecting the impossible and would the...
  7. Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511

Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511: Okay so I couldn't get Windows Update to install the November update, so I downloaded the .ISO file and created a bootable USB drive. My question is can use the setup .exe in the thumb drive to do the upgrade? Or will this want to do a clean install? I just want the...
  8. Consensus- deploy OEM imaged machine or Fresh Install

Consensus- deploy OEM imaged machine or Fresh Install: So I have a freshly minted Tier1 who is 6 months into her "new" IT career(never worked in IT previously) who is arguing that taking a new system out of the box and doing an Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro is the more expedited and in her words, "less redundant" method to...
  9. Updating to version 1511 after Clean Installation using MCT?

Updating to version 1511 after Clean Installation using MCT?: For those people who CLEAN installed Win 10 using the Media Creation Tool, will it automatically update to Threshold-2 (version 1511 Build 10586.36) through Windows Update once installation had been completed? Or does that have to downloaded separately? And what is the...
  10. Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG)

Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG): Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here. May be there is not the place to log, but is my first time testing the installation to sysprep and image Windows 10 1511 (10586.0), and perhaps help to others....