Windows 10: Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

Discus and support Using 3 monitors with Docking Station in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jakefromiowa, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

Hello,

I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they un-dock and re-dock the laptop, the settings revert back to the single monitor and we have to change the settings on the other monitor every time. Is there a registry setting where I can tie the monitor to the adapter so I do not have to make this change every time? Any information is much appreciated, I have been skimming the registry for this and found a couple spots where this could possibly be done.

Thank you!

:)

jakefromiowa, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Feb 19, 2019
  4. TimStone Win User

Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

SP 3, Docking Station, HDMI Output, Windows 10

Ahh ...

But this is a Surface Pro 3, and I only have one, so there is no way to "try a different computer".

However, the docking station:

• Supplies power to the SP3
    • Supplies the connected ( line in ) internet to the SP3
    • The USB ports work properly on the docking station and can be viewed on the SP3
    So, by a process of elimination, the only thing that does not work is the video port on the SP3 since the cable works when plugged into the SP3, but not when plugged into the docking station. Everything else is as it should be.

Perhaps I might point out one other small contradiction to your response. If you look at this forum, although my specific problem is not referenced, there are several reports of problems using external monitors with the docking station ... so to say it
    has no problems may be quite inaccurate.

Perhaps someone else can provide suggestions for what I can check. And yes, it did work fine with Windows 8.1.

Tim

TimStone, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

1. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station - Similar Threads - Using monitors Docking

2. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  3. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  6. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors with Docking Station: Hello-I have a Dell laptop that i use open with 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is plugged in via HDMI directly to the laptop, the other monitor is plugged in via HDMI to my external docking station. All 3 montiors worked fine until yesterday when my IT dept got into my...
  7. Dual Monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi issues when using a second monitor/docking station: Hi. I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I broke my mini display port, so for a couple of months was using a USB to connect to a old monitor., When I did this I had intermittent WiFi issues where the WiFi just wouldn't work on my Surface. I tried on my phone, worked...
  9. Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Docking Station ports: Since one of the Windows 10 updates the Ethernet and Bluetooth on the docking station are no longer seen as devices and cannot be used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-docking-station-ports/14e09b77-f6d2-4d4d-aeb3-0fe03d05c8a1
  10. Using 3 monitors with Docking Station

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 3 monitors with Docking Station: Hello, I have a user set up on a Windows 10 laptop. They are utilizing a docking station and when it is hooked up, we have to adjust the display so they can use the laptop with 2 additional monitors. We have to change the second monitor to "Extend this display". When they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when trying to set up 2 monitors with docking station it shuts dowm the other screen

2. using 3 monitors with hp docking station