Windows 10: Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive

Discus and support Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my computer to Window 10 Pro 64 bit on my internal hard drive. However, I have 32 bit Windows 10 Pro programs on an external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fran Jung, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Fran Jung Win User

Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive

I want to upgrade my computer to Window 10 Pro 64 bit on my internal hard drive. However, I have 32 bit Windows 10 Pro programs on an external hard drive I want to use. What do I need to do?

:)

Fran Jung, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 11, 2021
  3. twynog Win User
    External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive

External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive

1. Using 32 Bit on External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Using Bit External

2. Windows 10 using an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 using an external hard drive: I have tried to back up my microsoft surface pro using both a Western Digital Elements 2TB and a Seagate 2TB external hard drive both HDD with usb 3.0. Same problem occurs with both drives that a dialogue message comes up saying the Local Disk does not have enough room to...
  3. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  4. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  5. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Encrypting External Hard Drive Used With Chromebook?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting External Hard Drive Used With Chromebook?: I use bitlocker with my dell xps windows ten laptop. I also use an old chromebook. So I have a one tb external hard drive that i downloaded lot of videos/files on with the chromebook. Thus after a lot of files, i transfer it to my chromebook by copy and pasting it etc since...
  7. Using a flash-drive or external hard drive

Using a flash-drive or external hard drive: Recently every time I try to use a flash-drive or an external hard drive, I get this message. I don't have a problem using the logitech wireless adaptor for my mouse/keyboard but when I insert a flash-drive or external hard drive this pops up. [ATTACH]...
  8. Changing from 32-bit to 64-bit without external drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing from 32-bit to 64-bit without external drive.: Is there a way to install 64-bit windows without using an external drive. I want to use the media tool and upgrade windows now option. And I don't mind to lose my data....
  9. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...
  10. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...