Windows 10: Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Discus and support Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi first post so go easy on me. Hi to all firstly. I upgraded my monitor recently to a Dell 4k display. The issue/niggle I have is that the task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RockMonster, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Hi first post so go easy on me. Hi to all firstly.

I upgraded my monitor recently to a Dell 4k display. The issue/niggle I have is that the task bar at 4k resolution and relevant scaling within the Display properties is only showing on 50% on the bottom of the screen which is annoying *Madthe s***e out of me. Does anyone have a fix for this ? or experience the same issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    R

:)

RockMonster, Oct 20, 2015
  2. johnptd Win User

Windows background is partially missing

Luke,

I also have the Dell XPS 15 9550. I do not have the 4k screen, just the Full HD (1080p). I had no problem getting the proper display on the laptop's screen itself, but when I connected it to an external monitor using the HDMI plug, the monitor displayed
    the black bar at the bottom which blocked out the Taskbar. Once I reset the refresh rate, then both screens displayed properly. For some reason the Anniversary Update seems to be messing with the display settings when it is first installed.

JohnD

johnptd, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Zxxl Win User
    Will Anniversary Update Fix My Taskbar Issue?

Auto hide function works OK until the computer goes into sleep mode. Upon awakening the taskbar will not reappear until I open Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer. However, if I move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to the left side of the
    screen it will work without issues even after sleep mode. The left side though is an awkward place for the taskbar.

Windows 10 Pro, ASUS PB287Q 4K monitor, NVIDIA GTX 980TI video card, text, apps and others slider set at 200% and screen resolution is set at recommended 3849 X 2160.

4. tinmar49 Win User

Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

I don't have an answer, but I find with wide screens, it wastes less usable picture to have the task bar at the left side.

tinmar49, Oct 20, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I have a UHD (3840 X 2160) Samsung display. My taskbar is full width on the bottom of the screen.

That's not particularly helpful to you, but I can assure you that your issue isn't normal to Win 10.

bobkn, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Mc Ruff Win User
    What sort of graphics card do you have and what is the driver version.

Also right click on the start button and select Device Manager and see if the Monitor is displayed with the correct info and no errors

Mc Ruff, Oct 20, 2015
  7. PJLLB Win User
    Sounds like the monitor is overscanning. This may be settable in the monitor setup or ther video driver. Which model monitor and video card do you have?

PJLLB, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Hi all,
    Thanks for the replies. I'm using a pair of Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X OC on the lastest drivers from AMD 15.7.1 Catalyst. (Display Driver version 15.20.1062.1004) for a Dell 4K UP3214 A03.

tinmar49
    Prefer it on the bottom.. with 4k ya have plenty of real estate.. *Wink

At bobkn
    What GPU are you using? Could you send me your scaling detail in advance settings?

At Mc Ruff
    I'll check this when I get home a report back. Thanks.

At PJLLB
    "Sounds like the monitor is overscanning. This may be settable in the monitor setup or ther video driver. " I didn't see any setting re overscanning etc. I'll check again when I get home later today.. What setting would you recommend looking at within the video driver??

Regards,
    R

RockMonster, Oct 21, 2015
  9. vexorg Win User
    Do they describe monitors as "4k", I thought they were also x by y resolution, and you needed to have a graphics card to match it. Usually they are backwards compatible to a degree, like how does it look on 1024x786, 1680x1050 - or whatever options your graphics card has.

vexorg, Oct 21, 2015
  10. PJLLB Win User
    PJLLB, Oct 21, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Does it have a Auto adjustment? Most displays do.

Ztruker, Oct 22, 2015
  12. bobkn Win User
    My GPU is a Geforce Titan X, as listed in my system specs.

I don't know what scaling you refer to. The resolution is set to the native values for the monitor, 3840 X 2160. The scaling for text etc. is set to what may be its default, 150%.

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  13. PJLLB Win User

The NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust display size and position in the Display settings area. Have you looked at these settings?

PJLLB, Oct 22, 2015
  14. vexorg Win User
    I'd also set the scaling back to 100% for testing

vexorg, Oct 22, 2015
  15. Hi All,
    I'll post a snippet of my desktop screen later today explaining issue. After I try the additional info received. Auto setup etc. Thanks again.

Regards,
    R

RockMonster, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen - Similar Threads - Using Dell Monitor

2. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  3. 1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor: I have a laptop which uses a 4K screen. The problem is that I want to run intensive programs however I can only run them in lower resolutions such as 1080p as in 4K they are laggy and unusable. The problem is that if I set my computer resolution to 1080p, the ui, especially...
  4. 4K Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K Monitor issue: I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr....
  5. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor: Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the system icons are corrupt/overlaid, then they seem to shift off screen. I have done a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers...
  6. Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?: When you run Windows and you take a screenshot using Snip & Sketch, do you have any weird scaling issues? I have a Windows laptop with 1080p native resolution that is connected to a 4K monitor. When I take screenshots using Snip & Sketch, a weird scaling effect happens where...
  7. 4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues: I have been using a 1080 144hz monitor for gaming for the past 6 months now and have been playing overwatch at 60frames CONSTANTLY (never any dips). I recently decided to get a second monitor that was 4k and 60hz. Upon setting it up and running overwatch, i noticed thatupon...
  8. Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines: Is the problem the driver for the monitor or the video card. I have a two monitors and only one has the problem. I switch the connections to see if it is the video card but the same monitor continues to have the problem....
  9. Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor: My problem is everything looks awesome with the new 4K monitor except Virtual Weather station display it show's up in the upper left hand corner very small cant seem to figure out how to make this one program show up larger. Any help would be appreciated thanks*Sad P.S. this...
  10. Bottom taskbar disappears randomly after using external monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Bottom taskbar disappears randomly after using external monitor: Hi there connecting a bog standard laptop (display res 768 X 1366) to a second monitor and setting that as the primary display (HD 1920 X 1080) the bottom taskbar randomly disappears or becomes non functional. The strange thing is that if I place the quick launch taskbar...