Windows 10: Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Discus and support Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, this is the task bar issue. This is at the 125% in "set a custom scaling level" 150% fills the bottom of screen. 100% I'd be squinting to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RockMonster, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Hi all, this is the task bar issue. This is at the 125% in "set a custom scaling level" 150% fills the bottom of screen. 100% I'd be squinting to see items. Any one have a fix for this at this scaling level.?

Just check is at 100% scaling and same crap only smaller..

Regards,
    R

Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen [​IMG]

RockMonster, Oct 28, 2015

2. Hi PJLLB, Thanks a bit of a splurge and wallet eater.. looking at link you sent me and I can't see that it support Win 10, only up to Win 8.1.. would like to see current OS supported before testing..

Regards,
    R

RockMonster, Oct 28, 2015
  3. HeinzN Win User
    OK, my problem wasn't exactly the same, but close. The bottom two lines of my external monitor were black and everything I tried to do didn't fix the problem. This included playing with the menu on the monitor, playing with the device manager settings, etc. Anyway, I finally opened the top to my laptop and saw that the screen was complete on that display. So, I tried a few more things (like changing the "personalize" settings to "tile", "center", "stretch" etc. Nothing seemed to have an effect. I finally set the setting back to "fit" and closed the lid on the laptop and the external Dell monitor issue resolved itself; that is, the screen was completely filled and everything is working as it should. I hope this might work for you.

HeinzN, May 15, 2016
  4. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

Change the resolution to 1920x1080 and then change it back to 3840x2160. I bet it will fix the taskbar problem.

z31fanatic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen

1. Using 4K Dell Monitor, Issue with Taskbar on bottom of Screen - Similar Threads - Using Dell Monitor

2. Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with windows and a new 4K monitor.: Hello,I just got a new 4K monitor and was all excited to get this up and running as it's a big upgrade from my 8 year old 1080p one. When I plug the new monitor in, windows font and images as well as google chrome or anything else I use seem a little fuzzy. I run a dual...
  3. 1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    1080p scaling issues on 4K monitor: I have a laptop which uses a 4K screen. The problem is that I want to run intensive programs however I can only run them in lower resolutions such as 1080p as in 4K they are laggy and unusable. The problem is that if I set my computer resolution to 1080p, the ui, especially...
  4. 4K Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K Monitor issue: I bought a new BENQ 4K Monitor.In Windows Explorer or on any other page including web pages the vertical lines on the square for 'Maximizing' or resizing the windows are dim. I cannot make them any thicker for better visibility.Please advise side a and side b are very dimDr....
  5. Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar corruption on 4k monitor: Hi everyone, can someone please help me, my taskbar seems to be playing up on my 4K Monitor. When the taskbar is in either top or bottom position the system icons are corrupt/overlaid, then they seem to shift off screen. I have done a clean reinstall of the graphics drivers...
  6. Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone using a 4K monitor? Scaling issue when snipping?: When you run Windows and you take a screenshot using Snip & Sketch, do you have any weird scaling issues? I have a Windows laptop with 1080p native resolution that is connected to a 4K monitor. When I take screenshots using Snip & Sketch, a weird scaling effect happens where...
  7. 4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor VS 1080 monitor issues: I have been using a 1080 144hz monitor for gaming for the past 6 months now and have been playing overwatch at 60frames CONSTANTLY (never any dips). I recently decided to get a second monitor that was 4k and 60hz. Upon setting it up and running overwatch, i noticed thatupon...
  8. Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell monitor - bottom of screen flashing on and off distortion lines: Is the problem the driver for the monitor or the video card. I have a two monitors and only one has the problem. I switch the connections to see if it is the video card but the same monitor continues to have the problem....
  9. Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Samsung 40in 4K used as monitor: My problem is everything looks awesome with the new 4K monitor except Virtual Weather station display it show's up in the upper left hand corner very small cant seem to figure out how to make this one program show up larger. Any help would be appreciated thanks*Sad P.S. this...
  10. Bottom taskbar disappears randomly after using external monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Bottom taskbar disappears randomly after using external monitor: Hi there connecting a bog standard laptop (display res 768 X 1366) to a second monitor and setting that as the primary display (HD 1920 X 1080) the bottom taskbar randomly disappears or becomes non functional. The strange thing is that if I place the quick launch taskbar...