Windows 10: Using 70GB of RAM while idle?

Discus and support Using 70GB of RAM while idle? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I thought some of my software had a memory leak, so reset the PC and then left it overnight (its a shared remote PC). Came back the next morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheIronDuckling, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Using 70GB of RAM while idle?

So I thought some of my software had a memory leak, so reset the PC and then left it overnight (its a shared remote PC). Came back the next morning without anything having being run and its sitting idle at 70GB RAM usage (~27%).

Task Manager shows the correct %age, but doesnt show anything using more than ~570MB

Any idea if there might be some background process or Windows Service which might be using my RAM without being in the Task Manager?

submitted by /u/TheIronDuckling
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheIronDuckling, Feb 25, 2021
  2. BossDweeb Win User

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Idle ram usage at around 8GB!

ive seen similair threads, and have tweaked the registry values in similair youtube videos.

just from a normal startup I peak at around 60% used ram out 16 gb installed ( 10ish gb).

most of the ram is being used by system prcesses mostly reading anywhere from.1-.2 % for each process. I am very confused what is causing this and would like to know if anyone else has seen an issue like this?

after registry tweaks dont aolve, is my next step to reinstall windows? Is adding more ram viable instead? Thanks for taking the time everyone

TLDR: machine idles at 8gb ram usage before and after registry tweaks, whats is my next step in diagnosing the cause?

NileStephey, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Using 70GB of RAM while idle?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Using 70GB of RAM while idle?

1. Using 70GB of RAM while idle? - Similar Threads - Using 70GB RAM

2. My Laptop Uses 50% ram while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Uses 50% ram while idle: is this normal? its 10% more because i was making a screenshot as you can see everything is closed and my laptop supports windows 11 officially My Laptop is Acer Aspire A11-33 it doesen't have any trouble with programs i use its just the ram also i have 9gb of ram 4gb real...
  3. My Laptop Uses 50% ram while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Uses 50% ram while idle: is this normal? its 10% more because i was making a screenshot as you can see everything is closed and my laptop supports windows 11 officially My Laptop is Acer Aspire A11-33 it doesen't have any trouble with programs i use its just the ram also i have 9gb of ram 4gb real...
  4. My computer uses 50% of my RAM while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer uses 50% of my RAM while idle: Even with no programs open, on the desktop, my computer is eating through 4.2GB of my 8GB of RAM. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-uses-50-of-my-ram-while-idle/0457b542-d119-4347-8ea7-f28d42832aef
  5. Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is using 13 gigs of RAM while idle: The title is pretty self explanatory, it's using 13Gb of RAM while idle and I don't know why. I have a MSI GS66 16gb RAM. Here are some screens: https://imgur.com/a/HWFjmeu I tried reinstalling the killer drivers, that didn't help at all. Don't know what to do, any...
  6. RAM increasing while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM increasing while idle: So whenever I restart my laptop I am using 2.3GB of RAM without anything open because I have 2GB for graphics. When I leave my computer on for about 5-6 hours it get's to 3.8GB of RAM without anything open. I have 3.9BG of RAM which causes my laptop to run really slow. Even...
  7. 50% or more of RAM being used while idle

50% or more of RAM being used while idle: Hello! As stated in the title my PC is somehow using 50% of RAM while just being idle (antivirus and such running). What should I do ? I already tried the HKEY stuff and it did not help I have 8 GB of RAM Task Manager: https://imgur.com/gFZ3ShA RAMMap:...
  8. 50% of Ram In Use While Idle and After Boot

50% of Ram In Use While Idle and After Boot: Hello, every time I boot up my laptop my RAM usage is always 40% or higher. I have a laptop "Omen by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx" and it came installed with 8GB ram, up until recently everything was working as expected but I tried to play ARK Survival and noticed my RAM usage was not...
  9. 45%+ RAM being used while (almost) idle

45%+ RAM being used while (almost) idle: The title is a lie. What I actually mean is that when I'm browsing chrome there is 45%+ RAM being used with even 16GB of RAM. Anyone know why this would be? https://imgur.com/a/vflCb1B submitted by /u/tanisray55 [link] [comments]...
  10. 1GB of RAM is being used while computer is idle!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1GB of RAM is being used while computer is idle!: This is bad, this is very bad. I don't like the fact it uses up so much memory, the computer needs this stuff and it is using so much of it! I just got this computer 3 days ago to replace my old one which was very slow. I don't want this to keep happening. Much help would...