Windows 10: Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection

Discus and support Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Realtek 8814AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC, and I want to disable 2.4GHz, plus I want to enable 5.8GHz. Take a look at this image, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by G7Y0, Jun 7, 2020.

1. G7Y0 Win User

Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection

I am using Realtek 8814AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC, and I want to disable 2.4GHz, plus I want to enable 5.8GHz. Take a look at this image, and tell me what I can do.

Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection 587c7d47-cb59-4627-9bb2-83726eafdbfc?upload=true.png

:)

G7Y0, Jun 7, 2020

2. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection 189114715.png

imperialreign, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Using 802.11ac to Speed Up My Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Using 802 11ac

2. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  3. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection sharing poor speed: Hi guys!!so I have a PC that streams my VR games through a router so that I can play downstairs on my headset cord free. That router is independent and is solely used for the VR headset.I want this router to have access to my PC's the internet connection there is no way to...
  4. Internet connection sharing poor speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc's connection to the internet is very slow, and the speed on it is horrible and...: On my other devices its around 60-300 depending on location. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pcs-connection-to-the-internet-is-very-slow-and/8f054155-34f6-4652-b3b6-a7821a55324d
  6. Why is this service is using my whole internet speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this service is using my whole internet speed?: [ATTACH] and there no left internet for surfing in the browser because my internet plan is 1mbps https://preview.redd.it/66e163xzg9v51.png?width=668&format=png&auto=webp&s=910c94c972c1d2547a3ba730f9691426d68444f0 submitted by /u/hamadax97 [link] [comments]...
  7. Internet speed not up to par

Internet speed not up to par: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with a Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac wireless adapter. I have 400Mbps service thru Spectrum. The wifi router is spitting about 433 but I can only seem to get about 140 on the Dell. I'm getting about 180 on my Samsung J7 phone. I've turned off...
  8. no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable

no internet connection on start up using Ethernet cable: Hello Everyone, I just got a laptop hp. when i start up with the battery in wifi i have not problems, the battery was 100% charged so i took it out because i just want to use the Ethernet cable for now. what happens is when start up the laptop it starts up fast but i...
  9. Windows not using my full internet speed

Windows not using my full internet speed: I have a gigabit ethernet port on my desktop and a 500mbps internet speed but when I do a speedtest windows says it is around 150. I've tried multiple cables including ones that I know can reach the 500mbps speed because I've used it on my mac laptop which reaches that speed...
  10. Internet connection speed challenge

Internet connection speed challenge: When using wireless internet our 2 Dell laptops are getting download speeds of around 1.4Mbps. (we have a service that offers up to 24Mbps speeds). Using the same wireless internet, my linx tablet gets a speed of 15Mbps, ten times as fast. When we connect a laptop to...