Windows 10: Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage

Discus and support Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Reddit, I am having trouble executing a .bat file. Below is what I have scripted. It open to Reddit in chrome (which I want) but it doesn't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tylerarie, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage

Hey Reddit,

I am having trouble executing a .bat file. Below is what I have scripted. It open to Reddit in chrome (which I want) but it doesn't open the excel files. How can I do this?

rem this is a test bat file to open multiple excel files and a webpage in chrome

u/echo off

start "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Power Query UpSlide - Retail Analysis\Retail Analysis\Exchange Rates.xlsx"

start ""C:\Users\username\Desktop\Power Query UpSlide - Retail Analysis\Retail Analysis\Sales_201812\Dennis.xlsx"

start ""C:\Users\username\Desktop\Power Query UpSlide - Retail Analysis\Retail Analysis\Sales_201812\Douglas.xlsx"

start "C:\Users\username\Desktop\Power Query UpSlide - Retail Analysis\Retail Analysis\Sales_201812\Karen.xlsx"

start https://www.reddit.com/

Thank you so much for your help!

submitted by /u/tylerarie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tylerarie, Apr 8, 2020
  2. manoruz Win User

Bat script to find and replace file in multiple subfolders

Hello Everyone

I've searched the forums for an answer specific to my current problem but can't seem to find the proper thing so sorry for opening a new thread (noob)

I need to create a bat file that will scan multiple folders on my second harddrive D:\- find a file called renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with a similar file I already have which is smaller in size and has different attributes i.e read only
    The folder structure for the intended file is like this -
    User\documents\rmdw 13\command0\renamed1.sin

so the batch file would need to scan d:\ - find all instances of renamed1.sin - delete it and replace it with another renamed1.sin which is smaller and real only.

Any help will be greatly apprecaited

manoruz, Apr 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage [​IMG]

- this list:

Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage

1. Using a bat file to open multiple excel files and webpage - Similar Threads - Using bat file

2. Cant open .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open .bat file: I am trying to open a .bat file and when I open it I get an error pop up saying "This app cant run on your pc" I am wondering how to resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bat-file/48319b2d-06b7-4344-9cca-a7d038f789df
  3. Cant open .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open .bat file: I am trying to open a .bat file and when I open it I get an error pop up saying "This app cant run on your pc" I am wondering how to resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bat-file/48319b2d-06b7-4344-9cca-a7d038f789df
  4. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  5. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  6. .BAT files don't open.

.BAT files don't open.: When I double click a .bat file, It doesn't even open a window. I also noticed this for .exe files, and that I can't run newer files, only the ones that had already been on my computer....
  7. cant open .bat file

cant open .bat file: I cant open the .bat file it says This app can't be run on your pc to find a version for your pc check with the software publisher I have my account activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-bat-file/99d3a3d7-a386-4dbc-b566-543e786fe354
  8. Can't open .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open .bat files: I want to open a .bat file. I double click on it, it appears on the screen in less then 1 second and then it disappears. What can I do? submitted by /u/Dieghito03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl7csj/cant_open_bat_files/
  9. CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!: For a long time I have kept detailed records from my phone provider personal analysis to ensure being on the correct package Throughout the csv files from the company downloaded have opened by default in Excel 2007 Home and Student, but suddenly they open in Notepad. I do not...
  10. Unable to open .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open .bat file: As the title says - I'm unable to open .bat files and it's driving me absolutely nuts*Dinesh Previously I had Windows 7 and all was well until I upgraded. I miss using .bat files so much that if I can't solve this I will seriously consider going back to Windows 7 as I have a...