Windows 10: Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

Discus and support Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to repurpose a PC at work. I am the Office 365 Admin, but really don't have tons of experience. I want to assign a new user to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Vassaux chris, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

Hello! I'm trying to repurpose a PC at work. I am the Office 365 Admin, but really don't have tons of experience. I want to assign a new user to an older computer, but it wants to fight everything. I try to login as the new user, with his known good Office 365 account, but it won't allow me to. I eventually want to get rid of the old account name and account holder, but that seems to be fighting as well. What am I looking for to get guidance on this? Thanks! chris

:)

Chris Vassaux chris, Dec 1, 2021

2. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

1. Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10. - Similar Threads - Using microsoft 365

2. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop: Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I...
  3. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop: Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I...
  4. Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.: Hello! I'm trying to repurpose a PC at work. I am the Office 365 Admin, but really don't have tons of experience. I want to assign a new user to an older computer, but it wants to fight everything. I try to login as the new user, with his known good Office 365 account, but it...
  5. Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a microsoft 365 account to create a new user in WIN 10.: Hello! I'm trying to repurpose a PC at work. I am the Office 365 Admin, but really don't have tons of experience. I want to assign a new user to an older computer, but it wants to fight everything. I try to login as the new user, with his known good Office 365 account, but it...
  6. Create an account using work 365 account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create an account using work 365 account: I just picked up the surface pro 7 mainly for work purposes. I want to set up a log in that uses my work 365 account. When I go to add another user I select other user. It wont allow me to use my office 365 account to sign in. Is it possible to sign in with an office 365...
  7. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  8. Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365: We have about 10 pc laptops around the office and I would a couple of them a windows 10 guest login for temporary staff or interns. I don't want to create a local account. I want to create it through office 365. Can that be done?...
  9. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808