Windows 10: Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases

Discus and support Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hope someone can help with this. I recently received a Microsoft gift card into my account. I would like to make purchases on it. I have a game... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LGSmith1950, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases

Hope someone can help with this.

I recently received a Microsoft gift card into my account. I would like to make purchases on it.

I have a game on my PC that I downloaded to Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, there are items you can purchase for playing the game, and I would like to do so and pay with this gift card.

Is this possible? What steps would I need to take?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

LGSmith1950, Jul 24, 2019
  2. 7thSense Win User

Microsoft Gift Card !

I suggest you contact the place of purchase if they had a gift card offer. They should be able to assist with that.

7thSense, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases

Microsoft Gift Cards aren't activated?

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, as you have mentioned that the gift card that you have purchased is not activated. I suggest you to return it to the place where it was purchased and ask for them to activate it so it can be redeemed.
    Make sure to take your proof of purchase with you. Refer the article on
    Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account
    for more information.

You can also contact Store support and check for the refund options. Refer the article on

Contact Microsoft Store Support
    and search for Store support number for your country.

Also refer the following article on
    Microsoft gift cards terms and conditions
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases

1. Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases - Similar Threads - Using Microsoft gift

2. How to use a physical Microsoft gift card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a physical Microsoft gift card: I have a white physical Microsoft gift card. It is not for xBox. It has a code that is more than 25 characters and it says on the back that it never expires. How do I redeem it?...
  3. How to use a physical Microsoft gift card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a physical Microsoft gift card: I have a white physical Microsoft gift card. It is not for xBox. It has a code that is more than 25 characters and it says on the back that it never expires. How do I redeem it?...
  4. Inquiry regarding using Microsoft Gift Cards towards the purchase of software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry regarding using Microsoft Gift Cards towards the purchase of software?: I recently purchased a new Laptop and have Windows 11 Home. I wish to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro and was wondering, if I could use Microsoft Store Gift Cards to toward the purchase of that upgrade? Also, would I use the gift cards at checkout or should I add the gift card...
  5. Inquiry regarding using Microsoft Gift Cards towards the purchase of software?

Inquiry regarding using Microsoft Gift Cards towards the purchase of software?: I recently purchased a new Laptop and have Windows 11 Home. I wish to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro and was wondering, if I could use Microsoft Store Gift Cards to toward the purchase of that upgrade? Also, would I use the gift cards at checkout or should I add the gift card...
  6. microsoft gift card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft gift card: i brought a £5 gift card with my microsoft reward points after i brought the gift card the code is no where to be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-gift-card/35591d48-fd4d-4418-b5c1-a44c17c946ea
  7. Microsoft Gift Card?

Microsoft Gift Card?: Why is my gift card showing an expiration date? I thought there was suppose to be no expiry date? If I knew I would of saved it when I actually do need to use it? [ATTACH] [Moderator Edit: Moved from Microsoft Teams \ Other]...
  8. Microsoft Digital Gift card

Microsoft Digital Gift card: Hi, my Microsoft account was blocked and I cannot make purchases online, so I will like to transfer my Microsoft account balance to a another account. Can I do that? , Thanks in advance!...
  9. Gift Card purchased redeemed on the wrong device

Gift Card purchased redeemed on the wrong device: Someone I know purchased Minecraft Windows 10 for me as a gift on PC (Code sent via Xbox) But when he was redeeming it, it was accidentally redeemed on the Xbox Companion App when it should have been redeemed on the Windows 10 play store. Is there anyway to reverse this so it...
  10. Microsoft Gift Card

Microsoft Gift Card: I was using Microsoft rewards, finally got enough points and I redeemed a $30 gift card, but I can't use the gift card for its original purpose because when I had it transferred to my balance it was HK$ and Microsoft rewards don't accept refunds so now I'm stuck with a $30...