Windows 10: Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

Discus and support Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,So I’m not particularly sure on what happened to my laptop, but it has had this issue for a while.My area’s local internet connection gets cut off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReinhardtC, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

Hi,So I’m not particularly sure on what happened to my laptop, but it has had this issue for a while.My area’s local internet connection gets cut off every now and then, and I personally use my iPhone X as a mobile data hotspot when it happens.When I connect my laptop to my iPhone via a lightning cable, it is able to access the internet but is for some reason unable to connect to some applications.So far, the applications I am sure are unable to function right are Discord, Steam, and Spotify. In the case of all three applications, I am able to access them, but I am unable to do particular thin

:)

ReinhardtC, Aug 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 mobile hotspot

Hi Akeem,

There's a possibility that some settings were not properly set when the mobile hotspot was enabled on your computer. Let's look into the mobile hotspot settings and see if the internet connection is properly shared. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
    • Turn on mobile hotspot.
    • Under Related Settings, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click the network adapter that is connected to the internet and click
      Properties
    • Click the Sharing tab and uncheck Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection, then click
      OK.
    • Right-click again the same network adapter and click Properties.
    • This time, check the box Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection.
    • Under Home network connection, select the mobile hotspot adapter, then click
      OK.

Once done, try checking if your device connected to the mobile hotspot can now go online.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Data Usage In Hotspot

Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Data usage

Click in the list box for 'Show settings for'

Choose the connection

Click View usage per app

That should show you data usage for a particular mobile hotspot connection.

Andre for Directly, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

1. Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly. - Similar Threads - Using mobile data

2. Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.: Hi,So I’m not particularly sure on what happened to my laptop, but it has had this issue for a while.My area’s local internet connection gets cut off every now and then, and I personally use my iPhone X as a mobile data hotspot when it happens.When I connect my laptop to my...
  3. Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using a mobile data hotspot doesn’t allow me to connect to particular applications properly.: Hi,So I’m not particularly sure on what happened to my laptop, but it has had this issue for a while.My area’s local internet connection gets cut off every now and then, and I personally use my iPhone X as a mobile data hotspot when it happens.When I connect my laptop to my...
  4. mobile hotspot not allow others to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot not allow others to connect: every time i try to connect my phone to mobile hotspot in windows 11 it stuck in obtaining IP address and no progress occur after that I have tried 4 different phones but none could connect to my laptop even though they could connect easily to any other laptop hotspot...
  5. mobile hotspot not allow others to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot not allow others to connect: every time i try to connect my phone to mobile hotspot in windows 11 it stuck in obtaining IP address and no progress occur after that I have tried 4 different phones but none could connect to my laptop even though they could connect easily to any other laptop hotspot...
  6. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi,I've been using my computer as a mobile hotspot for my devices iPhone and iPad but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" on my iPhone when I try to connect, despite my computer having no problems connecting with the internet. I tried...
  8. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  9. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...