Windows 10: Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

Discus and support Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Due to the remote area we live in we have to use our phones hotspot to connect to the internet with our computers. I have a Samsung - Galaxy S9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fergy55STL, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

Due to the remote area we live in we have to use our phones hotspot to connect to the internet with our computers.

I have a Samsung - Galaxy S9 phone and a HP Windows 10 laptop. For the last several months I have been accessing the internet on my computer via the hotspot on my phone with no problems until recently. Now when I connect to my phones hotspot my computer shows it is connected but with no internet access. Sometimes I can get my homepage to come up but if I try to go to a different webpage then I get the "Can't display this page". I also received a new Windows 10 "work" computer. My old one was Windows 7 and I was able to connect to my phones hotspot to access the internet but again I tried to connect my work computer with my phones hotspot with the same results as with my personal laptop. What has changed? And, what can I do to go back to using my phone as a hotspot to access the internet on my laptop?

:)

Fergy55STL, Feb 18, 2019

2. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Laptop connected to phones hotspot but has no internet access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connectivity issues.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "there is no internet access", are you getting any error message on the phone when it is connected to the network?

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about mobile hotspot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/u...

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and Click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Then click on Network Adapter.

5. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

Wifi hotspot does not give internet access to Laptop

When I turn on my wifi hotspot on Nokia X and connect it to my laptop it gives internet access for just 4-5 minutes then it goes limited internet access! and internet connectivity is also lost on the phone. Then i have to turn off the mobile data and then
    turn it on again then i get internet access again on phone and laptop too!

I am using Dell Inspiron N4050 and my laptop wifi is fine on other wifi networks. On my phone my 3G works fine for all day but on hotspot its limited.

Sheeraz Saleem, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop

1. Using a phone hotspot to access internet with laptop - Similar Threads - Using phone hotspot

2. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  3. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  4. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. using my phone hotspot on my laptop

using my phone hotspot on my laptop: How can I connect my phone hotspot to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-phone-hotspot-on-my-laptop/b2943f18-1c32-41cc-ae05-cafa16761a3f
  6. no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.

no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.: i recently purchased a new phonerealme gt neo 2 but when i try to use my college wifi from connecting it to laptop and then sharing it with hotspot to connect to my phone it shows no internet in phone. other phones are able to connect to my laptop hotspot and get internet and...
  7. no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.: i recently purchased a new phonerealme gt neo 2 but when i try to use my college wifi from connecting it to laptop and then sharing it with hotspot to connect to my phone it shows no internet in phone. other phones are able to connect to my laptop hotspot and get internet and...
  8. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  9. Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access

Connected to hotspot from my phone but No internet access: Hi,So my 15-month-old son threw my laptop to the floor about 2 weeks ago, it went off and was giving me a black screen, I was able to fix that through help from this forum. But it was not booting to windows, I did a system reset - keep files. This worked and my...
  10. connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot

connecting to the internet using my phones hotspot: i recently got a new laptop it is an asus with windows 10. when i first got it i was able to connect to the internet using my phones hotspot, i was able to do this for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didn't even give me the option to choose hotspot for me to connect to...