Windows 10: Using a program window by multiple users

Discus and support Using a program window by multiple users in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I need something to share a cmd window with other users at realtime so they can use it with me Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MahyarDarvishi, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Using a program window by multiple users

Hi
    I need something to share a cmd window with other users at realtime so they can use it with me
    Any ideas?

:)

MahyarDarvishi, Oct 17, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 17, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Using a program window by multiple users

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Using a program window by multiple users

1. Using a program window by multiple users - Similar Threads - Using program window

2. How to use the same webcam on multiple programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the same webcam on multiple programs: I want to use my webcam on both obs and microsoft teams, however, when I use it on obs, I cannot use it on teams and vice versa. How can I use in both programs? Is there an third party software that allows this?...
  3. How to use the same webcam on multiple programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the same webcam on multiple programs: I want to use my webcam on both obs and microsoft teams, however, when I use it on obs, I cannot use it on teams and vice versa. How can I use in both programs? Is there an third party software that allows this?...
  4. Programs and apps with Multiple users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and apps with Multiple users: Hello, I have a pc that runs windows 11 and multiple accounts on the same pc one is for work, one for my free time.The problem is that the apps that i have on one account are displayed on the other's desktop, and I don't want them to be this way.How can I solve?Thanks...
  5. Programs and apps with Multiple users

Programs and apps with Multiple users: Hello, I have a pc that runs windows 11 and multiple accounts on the same pc one is for work, one for my free time.The problem is that the apps that i have on one account are displayed on the other's desktop, and I don't want them to be this way.How can I solve?Thanks...
  6. Using multiple security programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using multiple security programs: Dear members, just want an answer to the question.. I have XFI advantage securitythrough Comcast along with windows defender .....do I need to also have something like Nortonwhich I use to have through Comcast before they switched? [Original Title: Anti virus]...
  7. Installing Programs with Multiple Users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Programs with Multiple Users: If I have 2 users in windows 10 (one is an admin account signed into a Microsoft account, one is a local account without admin privileges) will I have to download programs like discord twice, once on each user? And will it keep one account logged in on one user and a...
  8. Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installation is a mess with multiple program paths and users: Hello! This is my win version: [img] My issue is that I tried to migrate two separate user accounts from an OLD windows installation (Years ago)that I had recovered. Now, I worry that if I just start copy and pasting files I'm going to have file path errors, and lose...
  9. Using a Store App on multiple Windows Users.

Using a Store App on multiple Windows Users.: Hi, i have recently got Sea of Thieves on the microsoft store and on the non administrator User i had an error while trying to install it. On the Administrator account i have successfuly installed it. My question is how can i use the App game on the non Administrator User and...
  10. A program use to access users PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A program use to access users PC: I think program named Chrone browser (similar to Chrome, but use to install threat in PC) is suspicious program, Its installed automatically without my permission while I access web....