Windows 10: Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

Discus and support Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leonard_Kyrell, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen laptop and work with touch inputs from that laptop on whatever it is displaying? So far, when using miracast, all inputs on the machine projected to seem to be ignored. Does anyone know how this can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Leonard_Kyrell
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Leonard_Kyrell, Feb 22, 2021

2. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Feb 22, 2021
  3. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

Touch screens

If the majority of people were like me, then touch-screens won't be "the future".

1) Touching the screen makes it smudge. What's the use of having an expensive, high resolution monitor if every time you use it it ends up looking as if it was full of dead pixels?

2) Touch screens are uncomfortable for long-time or leisure use. I want to rest my elbow comfortably on a chair, my wrist on my mouse-mat / desk, and my hand on the mouse. Having my shoulder angled at 90 degrees to touch my monitor all the time would be very tiring.

3) Touch screens might be comfortable only for small monitors, certainly not much larger than 19". Imagine using the technology on a 50 inch monitor... well, then you'd be doing pilates I guess.

4) Touch screens are definitely not the future for pc gaming. Can you imagine playing a first person shooter on a touch-screen monitor? I'd break it up on my first try...

The only touch screen I would use is a phone.

Black Panther, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

1. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen? - Similar Threads - Using touch screen

2. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  3. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  4. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...
  5. Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen: I have 2 touch screens one with a pc behind it and another that is just a screen. The touch screen of the one with the pc works like it should. But I can use the touch screen on the second one. I want both of these screen to be running the exact same programs and still work....
  6. Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop: Can I download and install a Microsoft touch screen driver on a laptop that does not have touch screen facilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-touch-screen-drivers-on-a-non-touch/75eb4d54-e753-4ed2-957a-1460cc68f05c
  7. can't use touch screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't use touch screen on a laptop: i reset my lenovo yoga 520 laptop and update to 1909 which the touch screen function suddenly not working even after i uninstall the hid touch screen and it still doesn't which it goes the same as disable the hid and trying to update my driver and its the latest driver also...
  8. touch screen

touch screen: calibration does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/d93859ca-1c65-4ab9-ad50-44ec8cb30094
  9. pen for use on touch screen

pen for use on touch screen: what kind of pen do I need for a touch screen laptop (not Microsoft Surface). I have tried the non electronic ie just a rubber tip and they don't wot=rk as well as my finger...
  10. Not using touch screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Not using touch screen: I'm planning to buy a new laptop but will never be using the touch screen. Will I lose any functionality in Win10 by just using a mouse and keyboard with a touch-screen laptop? Do touch screen models use a different version of Win10? BTW, I know I can buy a non-touch...