Windows 10: Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

Discus and support Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjr-101, Jul 23, 2018.

1. kjr-101 Win User

Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the computer went into wait mode, the TV stopped seeing it, and then I could not get back to seeing the computer, even by swapping the monitor back in for the TV.

:)

kjr-101, Jul 23, 2018
  2. AC_10 Win User

Second monitor not working with HDMI

Hi,

I have tried the above steps but still the monitor is not detected.

When I plug it to the tv through hdmi, it is displayed, but not to the monitor.

Regards,

AC_10, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Greenturtle116, Jul 23, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor. - Similar Threads - Using via hdmi

2. Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo desktop to TV connection via hdmi: My Lenovo desktop runs the word "lenovo" on switching on then a bluescreen follows after connecting to my TV using a hdmi, but other desktops are working fine on my TV. My desktop still works on another TV but not on my own TV. Kindly help....
  3. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  4. Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interfacing to ultra 4k TV via HDMI: Having trouble with latest windows 10 pro version (1809) interfacing with an ultra 4k tv via HDMI. When entering text in any text entry box, it will not display until the cursor is moved. Has something changed? Used to work on earlier versions of windows 10. My system is...
  5. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  6. Audio via HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  7. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works: This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose "duplicate display" from the side menu popup the tv goes blank as if Ive unplugged the hdmi. All 3 of the remaining display...
  8. After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black

After using HDMI cable to tv, monitor on laptop black: I have been using HDMI cable from laptop to tv without problem. However, since updating to Windows 10 whenever I use HDMI cable, after disconnecting my laptop screen is black, it is as though it does not recognize it's own monitor. I have had to restore latptop twice and...
  9. PC to TV via HDMI Cord

PC to TV via HDMI Cord: I'm trying to stream video on my TV from my computer using an HDMI cord. Both have an HDMI port. The TV is the HDMI2 port. I've done everything suggested on the web to get his to work. I do have 2 display ports/cards because I use 3 monitors. I thought that might be an issue...
  10. Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI

Can't connect PC to TV via HDMI: When I connect them the PC doesn't even detect it, and the TV just says no signal, even though I allowed it in the TV settings. My video card is a Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 with the latest drivers installed and it supports the resolution of the TV. Also, it says PC Input on...