Windows 10: Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox

Discus and support Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If this is a FAQ please point me in the right direction. I've just enable sandbox on Win 10 pro latest updates When I open explorer only 1 disk is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeterWithey, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox

If this is a FAQ please point me in the right direction.

I've just enable sandbox on Win 10 pro latest updates

When I open explorer only 1 disk is available. Is it possible

to access other disks on the system and a usb drive if installed?

If yes, how do I enable them? TIA Peter.

ps, Not sure which one to select under "Topics" so I've selected

"security and privacy"

:)

PeterWithey, Apr 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox

Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox

1. Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox - Similar Threads - Using usb drive

2. USB Drives Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Drives Issue in Win 10: In Windows 10 should the light in a USB memory stick remain illuminated after receiving the "Safely Remove Hardware" message? I'm asking this question because this is what is happening in my Win 10 laptop. Some say it's safe to remove a memory stick while it's still lit up;...
  3. Win 10 sandbox - working with usb peripherals?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 sandbox - working with usb peripherals?: I have a programme for a USB device (Virtual com port for a car engine measuring tool) I'd like to run in the win10 sandbox. Would that work or does the sandbox cut communication to such peripherals? Thanks! submitted by /u/sunrisedown [link] [comments]...
  4. Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home: Can anyone recommend a good Sandbox freeware for Windows 10 Home. I've tried to install the MS one (from tutorial here) but it just resulted in error messages and left a useless partition behind. Thanks 148744
  5. updating win 10 pc using flash usb drive, Won't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating win 10 pc using flash usb drive, Won't work.: so about 2 days ago I received my flash usb 3.0 drive, And it worked! I updated windows on or well I started. I got to 22% and the usb was HOT. I took it out put it in the next day and it worked to, it kept updating. I do always take the usb drive out if it's hot, but my pc...
  6. The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The use of an external USB Floppy Drive with Win 10: After reading all the recommended procedures here for getting a USB Floppy Drive to work in Win 10 including the remove and reinstall drivers i have come to the following conclusions: 1- the system search ONLY yields that the drivers are current 2- removing drivers in the...
  7. win 10 how to use bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 how to use bootable usb: tech spt not getting back to me - i did get a bootable usb made - i think now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-how-to-use-bootable-usb/6d99932b-6fbc-4129-a435-85deda7074ef
  8. Win 10 losing USB drive access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 losing USB drive access: My new Win10 laptop loses access to my usb drives.. I can reboot and get them back but I can't save active files to their external locations. I see that this has been an issue since 2015. Somebody must know how to fix it....
  9. Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager

in Windows 10 News
    Create Sandbox in Windows 10 using Sandbox Configuration Manager: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox is a lightweight desktop environment which makes sure that you can run applications in isolation. The arrangement makes sure the app doesn’t get access to core Windows files and other system files. That said, it’s not straightforward to [...]...
  10. Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 7 USB drive not showing in Win 10: Hi. I have just handed back my work laptop (Win7) and cannot read the USB drive on my home laptop (Win10). I have tried Device Manager and Disk Management approaches. The latter states that my drive has not been initialised. (Which cannot be correct, as I have written...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you attach usb drives in the windows sandbox

2. windows sandbox access usb drive