Windows 10: Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?

Discus and support Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.0.18362, others cannot hear me when using a private video chat through a web-based secure communication program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RebeccaIvester, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?

On my Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.0.18362, others cannot hear me when using a private video chat through a web-based secure communication program. The microphone and speakers are on. App use of the laptop's Realtek High Definition Audio microphone is enabled. The use of the microphone is allowed on the browser Chrome. During the video chat, my voice seems to be picked up by my laptop microphone and then played through my laptop's speakers and not through the speakers of the person's computer with whom I'm trying to chat. This causes feedback reverberation on my side. How can I fix this?

:)

RebeccaIvester, Mar 25, 2020

2. Others on video chat cannot hear me.

Hi ElizabethMesser,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    • Which program or application are you using for the video chat?
    • What is the make and model of the head phone that you are using on the PC?

Reply with more information to help you further.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 25, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Tohuw Win User

Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?

Can't hear other programs' sound when using Bluetooth headsets with voice chat applications on Windows 10

This happens on both my Windows 10 systems, a late 2012 iMac and a custom-built PC using an ASRock Z170 motherboard and an Insignia Bluetooth dongle.

When using either Discord or Mumble and either Apple AirPods or a Bose QuietComfort 35 headset, I cannot hear sound from any other application unless I set the output device to the "Hands-Free Device" instead of the "Stereo Headphones" device.

The problem with that is the "Hands-Free Device" has only one sound quality option, 8 KHz, which is nowhere near the 44.1 KHz default of the "Stereo Headphones" output device. When I select the "Stereo Headphones" device the sound is great, until I open either of the mentioned voice chat applications, whereupon I can't hear anything until I close that program. Also, my mic does not work unless I re-set the communications device or default device to the hands-free option. If I set the hands-free device as the communications device, everything in the voice chat app works, but no other program has any sound.

I believe this is because the "Hands-Free" and "Stereo Headphones" devices are two separate Bluetooth services, and the Hands-Free device is activated whenever the voice chat is engaged, and remains that way until the "call" is over. I realize the "Communications" tab in the sound control panel is supposed to fix this sort of thing, but it changes nothing in this scenario.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've read the suggestions in this post, which I just discovered, and none of that works:

• Removing the Hands-Free Telephony service removes the mic.
    • Changing the "Exclusive Mode" setting on any playback or recording device does not resolve the problem. Sometimes it does temporarily, then it reverts back to the problem described above within 5 minutes or so.
    • Disabling audio enhancements does nothing.

Tohuw, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix?

1. Using a video chat program, others cannot hear me. How to fix? - Similar Threads - Using video chat

2. the person on video cant hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the person on video cant hear me: have video chat but the person on the other end cant hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-person-on-video-cant-hear-me/44b0ece1-fce7-4aed-9141-baabb1b19fe0
  3. Windows cannot hear me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot hear me: My teammates cannot hear me when I'm on microphone. My microphone is unmuted and I also tried to use inbuilt as well as microphone of my earphones. I can hear them properly but no one can hear me. Please help me with this....
  4. Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?

in Cortana
    Why Cortana cannot hear me properly and cannot hear me?: I asked Cortana to tell the time and other things but Cortana is mishearing or cannot hear me. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana-cannot-hear-me-properly-and-cannot/3b7ed31c-87cf-4cdd-9ef2-c927634cd6ff
  5. No one can hear me on any video chats

in Windows 10 Customization
    No one can hear me on any video chats: No one can hear me on a video chat. My microphone is unmuted. My cortana can't hear me either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-one-can-hear-me-on-any-video-chats/9eb146dc-9e3f-4417-bf81-0f99910a6055
  6. others cant hear me on zoom

others cant hear me on zoom: others cant hear me on zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/others-cant-hear-me-on-zoom/5b90781a-3683-4592-b60b-0f3895dc880d
  7. Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant hear computer audio when using a video chat service, please help: I connected my Bluetooth headphones to the computer. I can hear music and my games etc.. When I make a google hangout call, all audio from my computer goes mute except the google hangout call. No matter what I do, I cant seem to hear any other audio during the google hang out...
  8. Others on video chat cannot hear me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Others on video chat cannot hear me.: When I make a call or someone calls me I can hear them but they cant hear me **Original Title** others on vidoe chat cant hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/others-on-video-chat-cannot-hear-me/0c5fe181-3c31-495f-9d67-722275b06041
  9. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me: my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I...
  10. Cortana cannot hear me

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot hear me: Hi, I built a new computer and all is good, except that Cortana cannot hear me. I have tried my headset mic and USB mic, both show levels when I speak, but Cortana cannot recognize my voice. I have the following: Windows 10 (all up-to-date) Asus RoG Strix X399...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video chat on chrome i can hear thwm they cannot hear me

2. my group cannot hear me with my lenovo