Windows 10: Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

Discus and support Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The subject says it most clearly. I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fatesrider, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

The subject says it most clearly.

I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version download for Win 10 Pro comes with it's own product key, and there's an option to purchase just a product key for Win 10 Pro OEM. I understand the limitations and differences of OEM. The question is can I use the same full version download a DVD to activate both licenses, each with different restrictions, for different machines? Or do I need a separate download of the OEM version of Win 10 Pro for the OEM version installation?

I'm mostly trying to avoid buying more than I need, but I don't trust OEM products to have valid keys since every place I've gone to find one has a lot of reviews saying their keys were invalid or previously used. I can buy a OEM key without a download, so I'll be sure to have a valid key, but I can't buy an OEM product via download. I just want to make sure if I get a full version download and burn a DVD with it, I can use that on another machine with a different product key that will install the key's version of product on it both being pro.

The answer doesn't need to be involved. I recall that on Win 7, product keys ALONE could upgrade versions. I figure Windows 10 has the same kind of thing for the full version, but I've never been sure. So I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

:)

Fatesrider, Feb 22, 2020

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Mr_Van Win User
    License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

Mr_Van, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

upgrae from Win 10 home OEM to win 10 pro OLP

hi,

Can I upgrade from win 10 home (OEM license) to win 10 pro (with upgrade OLP license)?

TanThanh86, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

1. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win... - Similar Threads - Using Pro full

2. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  3. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  4. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OEM Win 10 license transfer

OEM Win 10 license transfer: Hello. 3 years ago I bought a laptop with OEM windows 10 license. 1 year ago I replaced the original HDD with SSD. Now Im thinking about buying a new laptop. My question is: do I need to buy a laptop with preinstalled windows, or is it possible to transfer windows and all...
  6. License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?

License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ?: License win 10 pro oem , can i use it for version os win 10 pro for workstation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-win-10-pro-oem-can-i-use-it-for-version-os/7bc8e72c-cabb-4135-9120-cbecfb215e88"
  7. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?: I have four computers running Windows 7 that have to be upgraded to Windows 10. I have purchased the Win 10 System Builder OEM packages and downloaded version 1903 from MS. My question is am I able to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 with this version and keep all of my apps...
  8. win 10 oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 oem: Bonjour, je dispose d'un dvd win 10 famille oem 32 bits. Je change de carte mère. je dois installer win 10 famille 64 bits. Est ce possible avec ce dvd? merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem/e43080ac-4b90-463e-9ce4-c8d7d82e2fe6
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??: I put this question to Microsoft this week by email: Good morning This complaint pertains to the upgrade options from a full retail version of Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. According to the EULA: “4. Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use oem disc to install full version