Windows 10: Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

Discus and support Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks,I had a disaster with my new Windows 10 PC with SSD + HDD and I am trying to find out what I did wrong.Out of the box, the PC was fine but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimObasa55, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

Hi folks,I had a disaster with my new Windows 10 PC with SSD + HDD and I am trying to find out what I did wrong.Out of the box, the PC was fine but I wanted to install a different Windows version on the HDD. The installation completed successfully BUT the SSD seemed to disappear. On Restarting I had assumed the boot up screen would give me a choice of which Windows to log onto but this didn't happen. The option to log onto the SSD just wasn't there. As I lacked the knowledge to resolve the issue I got the PC swapped and have been using the HDD for storage only ever sinc

:)

JimObasa55, Jun 16, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD

1. Using a Windows 10 PC with both HDD and SSD - Similar Threads - Using both HDD

2. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating windows both on SSD and HDD.: i recently transfered my windows form HDD to SSD and using the HDD as a storage device without formatting so i have the windows installed on my HDD. In any case my SSD get crashed, i can restore it from my HDD. Now how do i keep my HDD updated along with my SSD so i can...
  3. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating windows both on SSD and HDD.: i recently transfered my windows form HDD to SSD and using the HDD as a storage device without formatting so i have the windows installed on my HDD. In any case my SSD get crashed, i can restore it from my HDD. Now how do i keep my HDD updated along with my SSD so i can...
  4. updating windows both on SSD and HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD and HDD both not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD and HDD both not responding: I have one ssd and one hdd in my laptop. The hdd was given with the laptop and the ssd I have installed myself. Suddenly from today evening, both the Drive C SSD & Drive D HDD not responding, though they are showing in the file explorer. How to resolve my problem?...
  6. SSD and HDD both not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD both not responding: I have one ssd and one hdd in my laptop. The hdd was given with the laptop and the ssd I have installed myself. Suddenly from today evening, both the Drive C SSD & Drive D HDD not responding, though they are showing in the file explorer. How to resolve my problem?...
  7. OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive - working with both SSD and HDD: Hi! I have recently purchased a new PC... first time with both SDD and HDD, and struggling to find how to set things up properly.....All my documents etc, I've put onto the HDD D:... of course the OneDrive backup only looks at Documents library pointing at the SSD C:. Try as...
  8. Using SSD or HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using SSD or HDD: I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro installed. It came with a 512 Gb SSD and 1 Tb HDD. It automatically has been storing all of my data on the SSD. I am not a game player and have only one game downloaded. My data totals only 24 Gb's so far and adding more...
  9. Using SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using SSD and HDD: I have a hard drive and an SSD. I want to use the SSD for booding and the hard drive for storing everything else except a few apps (ex. chrome and frequently used ones). I am new to windows. How do I do this?...
  10. Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 on both HDD and SSD?: I will buy a SSD for my Acer desktop and install Win 10 on it and other programs I have on my computer. If I do a clean install of Win 10 on my SSD, do I have to delte Win 10 on the HDD first? I guess it is not allowed having two Windows 10 on the same computer (both...