Windows 10: using additional virus protection with s mode

Discus and support using additional virus protection with s mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What anti virus program can I install on this windows computer that has S mode for additional protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RosaHyde, Dec 24, 2020.

1. RosaHyde Win User

using additional virus protection with s mode

What anti virus program can I install on this windows computer that has S mode for additional protection

:)

RosaHyde, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Val456 Win User

Additional Virus protection

Do I need to have additional virus protection eg McAfee. I was told windows had this built in as well as anti spam.

Val456, Dec 24, 2020
  3. replace wallpaper by fake virus protection advertisement

some internet noob was browsing some unsafe tgps on an old classic computer 466mhz celeron.... and using IE..... pop ups everywhere... one of the pop ups ask ok or cancel to scan for virus..... and clicked cancel.... and infected.... wallpaper got replaced by some fake virus protecton advertisement.

scanning with AVG and TCspy in safe mode.

any furthur additional reccomenation or suggestion?

HiddenStupid, Dec 24, 2020
  4. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

Thema:

1. using additional virus protection with s mode - Similar Threads - using additional virus

2. Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...: My wife got a Virus in Win 11 S Mode The Virus is topcaptchatoday.ew.r.appspot.com and it was showing false McAfee Virus popup alerts even though I don't have McAfee. She got it by clicking on a link from a close relative on facebook. I found the topcaptchatoday virus Windows...
  3. Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Virus in Windows 11 S Mode. Do I stay in Windows 11 s mode or leave S mode to use...: My wife got a Virus in Win 11 S Mode The Virus is topcaptchatoday.ew.r.appspot.com and it was showing false McAfee Virus popup alerts even though I don't have McAfee. She got it by clicking on a link from a close relative on facebook. I found the topcaptchatoday virus Windows...
  4. Virus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus protection?: Does Windows 11 have Virus,etc. built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-protection/0ddc6334-a40c-4cdd-a008-6f9d0c6c32bb
  5. Win 10 "S" mode virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 "S" mode virus: I have an ASUS notebook running Win 10 in "S" mode. Supposedly, S mode has its own MS Defender antivirus, but somehow a "SYSTEM ALERT! Click here to remove virus" and "Viruses Found 5 your computer is damaged..." messages keep appearing. All messages come form the...
  6. downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection

downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection: good morning, I am attempting to download " webroot " anti-virus protection, the tech suggested that I purchase additional firewall protection. Is this standard practice ?...
  7. Additional Virus protection

Additional Virus protection: Do I need to have additional virus protection eg McAfee. I was told windows had this built in as well as anti spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-virus-protection/bb7a56d0-b0dd-4dce-a2bc-74763847b1c2
  8. Anti virus software and Windows S mode

Anti virus software and Windows S mode: I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. The salesperson insisted that we needed anti-virus software. No big deal, I purchased it. As it turns out, I can't install it in S mode. What's the deal with S mode? Is it really necessary? I'm trying to figure out if it's best...
  9. can't use virus & threat protection

can't use virus & threat protection: I can't use virus & threat protection in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-use-virus-threat-protection/7c69144a-b8c8-46a2-9352-aa54923c82eb
  10. Is antiv-virus protection needed with Window S

Is antiv-virus protection needed with Window S: I recently got a Surface notebook with Windows S. This program prohibits me from downloading and form of anti-virus protection. So my question is do I need to use Anti-Virus protection or is the Windows S providing enough protection?...