Windows 10: Using Airpods with my windows 10 PC

Discus and support Using Airpods with my windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having issues connecting my airpods to the Bluetooth on my windows 10 PC. After initially working very easily with my PC for a week after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike_066, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Mike_066 Win User

Using Airpods with my windows 10 PC

I have been having issues connecting my airpods to the Bluetooth on my windows 10 PC. After initially working very easily with my PC for a week after connecting them the first time after the setup with my iPhone it is very hard to get the PC to recognize them as voice and music enabled. I usually have to go through multiple cycles of removing the device from the Bluetooth settings and reconnecting to get it to detect music and voice.

I have already tried factory resetting my airpods but that only worked once. I find it very confusing that sometimes my pc identifies the airpods as just music and other times as voice and music. It should always be identified as voice and music because of the mic in the airpods.

If someone has any insight into this it would be very helpful.

:)

Mike_066, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Berglof Win User

Airpods

My airpods don't show up on the list under HID. None of my two set do.

Best,

Erik

Berglof, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Using Airpods with my windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Using Airpods

2. Do Airpods work with Microsoft teams on a Dell computer ? Not able to connect & use them ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do Airpods work with Microsoft teams on a Dell computer ? Not able to connect & use them ?: Do Airpods work with Microsoft teams on a Dell computer ? Not able to connect & use them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-airpods-work-with-microsoft-teams-on-a-dell/26d6596a-ed5d-4dd4-b10d-4cf12989ad65
  3. Airpods won't play sound when using bluetooth windows 10

Airpods won't play sound when using bluetooth windows 10: Hi, Whenever I connect my airpods through Bluetooth with my laptop, the sound keeps coming from the laptop, and won't come through the airpods. Is this a known problem? Is there a known fix for this? I have tried reconnecting, removing all devices, etc. Thanks in...
  4. Why do my Airpods keep cutting out while using my device?

Why do my Airpods keep cutting out while using my device?: I recently purchased an Asus ZenBook, and while pairing and connecting my airpods was incredibly easy, I keep encountering them "fuzzing out" and completely cutting out for periods of time while in use. For example, I will be watching a video and they will be working...
  5. Using Airpods to listen to iTunes on Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Airpods to listen to iTunes on Windows Computer: I have successfully paired my Airpods to my HP Windows computer. I am able to hear YouTube videos through the AirPods, but when I try to listen to music through iTunes I hear silence. Suggestions??...
  6. Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extreme random scratchy feedback while using Airpods with Windows 10 laptop: An update or two ago my airpods suddenly get extremely scratchy at random times. It was never an issue for a long time, but recently i'll be listening to music and it just starts distorting and scratching really bad. Doesn't happen with my phone, its only my work laptop...
  7. Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros

Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros: I recently paired a set of airpod pros to my Windows 10 system Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I use it for Webex and Teams calls. Initially everything works well. After I hang up from a Webex or Teams session, my Windows system no longer has any audio signal. I have to reboot to get...
  8. AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone: This is a strange problem; since working from home during Covid, I have been using Airpods Pro for taking calls on Teams and Zoom with no problem, both on a Surface Book 2 & my current Surface Pro 7. When connected to either of these devices, it showed in the device list as...
  9. I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc

I have to remove and re-connect the Airpods every time I want to use them on my pc: Hi, I have recently both a Bluetooth 5.0 usb dongle to connect my Bluetooth device to my pc since it did not have any support for this technology. I connected without any problem my Apple Airpods to my pc and till this point I haven't got any problem. The next time I used my...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - while using Airpods on Zoom: Hi There, I have been using Apple Airpods on Zoom and after 30 minutes or so I get a DPC_Watchdog Violation error and BSOD. This is happening on most calls at the moment. Computer is running Windows10 and updated. I have the logs to share if that would help diagnose the...